Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: You are 8-bit  (Read 680 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
You are 8-bit
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:31:08 pm »

You are 8-bit. You are no ordinary 8-bit character. You hunt glitches. You travel in between games, seeking and destroying various software errors. You don't know why you do this, and you don't know how you resist the glitches. You just do.

You were based off an actual character originally, of course. Who was that? How was he or she changed in order to hunt glitches?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are 8-bit
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:35:08 pm »

The little ball in Pong; it absorbed Kirby's powers to absorb stuff and a goomba's power to kill stuff it touches. Its ability to alter its velocity consciously is still under development.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 09:36:26 pm »

>Kid Radd?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 09:39:02 pm »

Iji.

Reverse engineered the Null driver and incorperated it into her nanofield. Hunts glitches by harnessing their own power.

... At least I think Iji is 8 bit.  16 bit?

Spoiler: 8 bit, right? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:42:18 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 12:58:26 pm »

(Roll for character:3)
Iji. That's who you are. Or at least that's who used to be. You don't really know who you are though. You saw Iji once. She looked like you, so that's your best guess. But something was off about your appearance.

Oh well, looks like there's another glitch on the rise. In... Simon's Quest. Damn it. This is going to be difficult. Sighing, you close your eyes and feel the void overtake you and take you right to where you need to be. You land on the 8-bit dirt, sending pixels flying. To your right... Town. To your left... Random pixels. Easier than you though.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 03:12:26 pm »

go right!
It's FEF, not FEOF

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 07:28:05 pm »

Go left!
Also...aww, I wanted to be from Pong...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.