Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Wikipedia spoilers  (Read 7171 times)

Michael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia spoilers
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2012, 02:38:11 am »

They're the same thing, though, in every way. Goblin-leading demons just happened to escape from hell.
Really?  I haven't tangled with either myself, but I'd imagine the goblin-demons, being "twisted into humanoid form" have different combat ability than clowns.  (Or more precisely, different ranges of ability, since both are randomly generated.)

Also, quantity has a quality all it's own.  Even if they were identical stat-wise, the fact that clowns attack en masse makes for a very big strategic difference.  The circus will laugh at tactics that could reliably down a hypothetical lone clown.

kuki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia spoilers
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2012, 04:42:34 pm »

although it seems like the territory has been pretty well covered, i'd like to say that my experience is that all spoilers are totally pointless, as DF is just too hard to learn how to play without reading about what's happening.

that might not go for everyone, but every single aspect of this game has taken me dozens of trips to the wiki each before i start to feel comfortably in control of whatever i'm learning about. so for a long time i had the option of not spoilering any of the HFS, but as i started to run into it in game, each time i would inevitably have to pause and rush off to the wiki or else just die from lack of knowledge and then read the wiki page anyways after the crumbling of my fort. so, i decided i might as well read about everything, and it has not changed the experience of playing at all, really.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]