Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Sieges  (Read 629 times)

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
No Sieges
« on: November 01, 2012, 05:58:26 pm »

This fort is about 4 years old now, and I haven't gotten a single siege yet. Is this a glitch, or what could be happening here?

I've already murdered merchants from several different civilizations, and the kobolds and goblins have "Death" as their offering to my civ. No civs have WAR next to them, but they do all have a green P next to them. Does that mean peaceful? I've gotten goblin babysnatchers and kobold thieves, but nothing else. I'm snuggled in near (but not inside of) mountains next to a bunch of different civilizations. INVADERS is set to on, and I've look through my raws to make sure the entities have [SIEGER] in them. Is this a glitch, or normal for the situation? Is there no way for me to just declare WAR on another civilization myself? Thanks.

Exported Wealth: 75150
Imported Wealth: 238430
Population: 64
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: No Sieges
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 06:02:47 pm »

Goblins typically don't siege at under 80 population, unless things' changed or it's a modded game. Kobold don't sieges in default game and it takes a lot to piss off the trader civs into sieging, typically not until you get diplomats.

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 06:03:48 pm »

I think that you need higher pop cap, mabye a few more deeper expeditions to get some better equipment, and a bit more expensive artifacts. Just me, though. Good luck, if you get ambush's, its the first sign.
But there is a bug where a civ has too little population to formulate a seige, happend to me before, so look out.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 08:15:53 pm »

Distance to the Gobbos may be an issue in instigating things early on, as in year 4.  It is unlikely to completely prevent them from attacking you.  Also, even if you have a Peace sign next to a Gobbo civ, it just means your civ isn't currently in an open war with them.  They will still siege if they can though.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 04:50:43 am »

Goblins typically don't siege at under 80 population, unless things' changed or it's a modded game. Kobold don't sieges in default game and it takes a lot to piss off the trader civs into sieging, typically not until you get diplomats.
Kobolds siege if you let them steal enough stuff. I have not seen the mythical Kobold siege yet though, but we can hope.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 02:51:12 pm »

Your fort is too small: the total wealth matters more here, but since your exports/imports are under a million, you must not have enough wealth to draw more than an ambush or two (which should show up shortly), also sieges are triggered by pop 80, but should keep happening after being triggered even if pop drops
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 03:28:37 pm »

Try digging up as much adamantine as you can. It's bound to get you an invasion eventually.

James009

• Bay Watcher
  • Under centaur siege for going on three years now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 03:29:12 pm »

Man, I keep getting sieged in year one usually after winter before I have 50 people. Then again, I'm using a version of Genesis which I suppose makes the game harder. If anything I get sieged way too much, lol.
Recently slaughtered by the undead!