Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Serious question about Christianity  (Read 20846 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Serious question about Christianity
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2012, 04:21:23 pm »

That just means he's a lazy ass :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2012, 05:31:18 pm »

Maybe god is all of those things, but also kind of lazy. He CAN do it that way, and he WANTS to do it, and he knows HOW to do it, but despite all that... he'd really just rather take Sunday off for a rest.

Well... I guess that works too.  I'd say that violates the all loving thing, but again, human interpretation and all.

Anyway, I'll let the dead horse rest in peace.  :)
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2012, 05:38:15 pm »

This has been sitting around since my power at home went out and I did not expect it coming back tonight... so I must post this: omgwtfBBQ

God is a programmer, Earth is one of his latest simulations.  His pride and joy.  He programmed Mars earlier, but had to throw it out because of its limitations.

God's developer tools mucked up around 2000 years ago, so he had to call in Jesus to fix it for him, but... it was pretty frustrating for him.  So God has lost interest in actively playing with the Earth Simulation afterward, but let it continue running, so it is still simulating on its own. 
Since then, every now and then, God's girlfriend decides to mess with the Earth Simulation.   She is much kinder on the Sims then God ever was.  Sometimes.  Every time God catches her messing around with the Earth Simulation, he shoos her away.  The Crusades were all her doing if you wanted to know.  She punished Europe's continued failure with the Bubonic Plague.
Give him a few thousand more years and he'll come back if he hasn't started on another project.
The Jewish religion is an emergent AI religion.  Admittedly, God started with the Jews, but abandoned it early on and rigged up a unique AI God for it, emulating much of his own influential capabilities in the Earth Sim.  The Muslim religion uses the same baseline AI God too.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2012, 05:49:55 pm »

This has been sitting around since my power at home went out and I did not expect it coming back tonight... so I must post this: omgwtfBBQ

God is a programmer, Earth is one of his latest simulations.  His pride and joy.  He programmed Mars earlier, but had to throw it out because of its limitations.

God's developer tools mucked up around 2000 years ago, so he had to call in Jesus to fix it for him, but... it was pretty frustrating for him.  So God has lost interest in actively playing with the Earth Simulation afterward, but let it continue running, so it is still simulating on its own. 
Since then, every now and then, God's girlfriend decides to mess with the Earth Simulation.   She is much kinder on the Sims then God ever was.  Sometimes.  Every time God catches her messing around with the Earth Simulation, he shoos her away.  The Crusades were all her doing if you wanted to know.  She punished Europe's continued failure with the Bubonic Plague.
Give him a few thousand more years and he'll come back if he hasn't started on another project.
The Jewish religion is an emergent AI religion.  Admittedly, God started with the Jews, but abandoned it early on and rigged up a unique AI God for it, emulating much of his own influential capabilities in the Earth Sim.  The Muslim religion uses the same baseline AI God too.

I'm pretty sure that such a thing is actually a valid religion somewhere.

\

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2012, 05:56:56 pm »

I use Dwarf Fortress a lot as an analogy when I'm playing devil's advocate for a less-than-benevolent God.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2012, 09:51:46 pm »

I saw this in the store... and I must share:
Action Bible
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2012, 05:56:59 pm »

RE and DACTED.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:42:59 pm by Mongol13524 »
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2012, 06:07:52 pm »

I saw this in the store... and I must share:
Action Bible
Why do you feel it necessary to post that here? How does it contribute to the discussion?
For all the questions you have about christianity... there is Action Bible.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2012, 06:19:51 pm »

No Hablo Ingles Senor!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:14:08 am by Mongol13524 »
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2012, 10:39:35 pm »

This topic was never intended to become a Christian bashing joke of a discussion. Don't turn it into one.

Ok. Are there are other questions? We appear to have adequately answered those posed so far.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]