Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone I've interacted with here live in Seattle/Portland? (meetup thread?)  (Read 1389 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think there's a general meeting up/hanging out thread, and I'm way to selfish to make one. (Though this may well become one, who knows!)

And the whole point of my return was thus. I'm in Seattle/Portland for a week on a scouting trip/vacation. Anyone live around here and desiring of meeting up/hanging out/showing me+wife around/giving me free foods?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone I've interacted with here live in Seattle/Portland? (meetup thread?)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 06:05:59 pm »

I'll be moving there in an indeterminate amount of time. Hoping before January.

So I can't see ya during your current trip :(
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 06:07:22 pm »

We'll catch each other next time 'round, then, assuming you stay for a while. ^_^

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 09:47:36 am »

Things like this make me want B12 to have a map for its members. Figure out where everyone lives and all that nonsense...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 10:02:58 am »

Well, I'll be moving over to Olympia on the 15th, so that's probably a little late. If there's a meetup around later, though, I would absolutely come.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 03:04:55 pm »

I wish I could live in Cascadia... It sounds great over there.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 03:44:56 pm »

I live near Seattle, but it's a decent bus ride away so I wouldn't be able to say, entertain random internet guests at my parent's house  :P  I'm somewhat familiar with downtown Seattle.

If you're going near Portland, then you need to get some Voodoo donuts.  All donuts you've eaten before pale in comparison to the awesomeness of these donuts.

My best week is from the 22nd-29th of September, that's when I'm off from school before fall quarter starts.  Although the week before could better.  Which which are you planning on visiting? :P
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 03:47:04 pm by Euld »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 05:18:54 pm »

I'm there now! That's why I'm back! I'm still under self-imposed hiatus, but the hiatus radius doesn't extend further west than Michigan, giving me full clearance to continue posting until the end of the week.

Thanks for the Voodoo donuts suggestion, I'm totally gonna check them out. So far I have learned that the food in Seattle is simply AMAZING. And I hear Portland may even be better at some things. I just bought the most delicious sandwich from a pig-tank (big, metal pig vehicle, not like a vat). And the Japanese places are delicious and cheap. And everything is just so good. And there's a shop that sells tea and crumpets!

The wife has fallen in love with the city - the way to her heart truly is through her stomache (I'm pretty sure she just married me because I can cook), so food suggestions are always welcome.

And yeah, a bay12 map would probably be a damn good idea... I think they have tools for that... maybe I'll officially lift the hiatus when I get back and see what I can find.

Ugh, I just wish I could actually move move out here sooner - Unfortunately, I'm still struggling with the "paying off all debts" part of the original plan, so actually moving out here is at least another year out. However, I am thinking of visiting again in January - I will probably want to spend more time in Portland and I'd love to hit Vancouver as well, and both cities are pretty much right next to Seattle.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 05:28:01 pm »

Then we shall meet in January-ish. And maybe have donuts.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 10:11:43 pm »

I will mark that one down on my calendar somewhere. Looks like the first Saturday in January is the 5th, so that could work.

As for the map: IT IS DONE.

Add yourselves as you will. I'll make a thread elsewhere for more publicity.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 06:13:30 am »

Off-topic but are the homeless people of Seattle really the craziest homeless people around?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 07:42:34 am »

the hiatus radius doesn't extend further west than Michigan...
Muahahahahaha!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 09:08:47 pm »

Anyone still interested in this? I'm still interested in this. Looks like the state public schools are closed from Dec. 14 to Jan. 6. Would anyone consider a meetup on the 10th/17th/24th of January?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 09:27:33 pm »

If I have my way, I'll be up there by then, so sure!

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 09:29:11 pm »

Added myself. This is a nifty tool! :D