Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oh goblin where art thou!  (Read 339 times)

Bloodyharbinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Oh goblin where art thou!
« on: October 29, 2012, 09:22:54 am »

So quick question. I started in an area with no goblins listed. I checked my 'c'ivs and see only kobolds and humans. The year was 6 and it is not 27.

Will any goblins show up? Sure I have HFS to open and the yearly forgotten beast, but I was hoping to at some have some goblin fun.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Oh goblin where art thou!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 09:26:22 am »

If they wasn't on civilization list on the embark screen, then they're not showing up. If you don't know, make a lot of wealth and keep the migrants and you'll find out after a few years!

Bloodyharbinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 09:41:51 am »

I can't check now but I am at like a trillion in wealth and its been 20+ years. Guess they won't show then. I was hoping that the outside world would continue to grow and that they would show up. Guess I can always declare war on the stinky humans.

katwithk

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist likes kats for their calmness and logic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 10:17:59 am »

I've decided my next world will generate for far longer because of things like this. I also haven't gotten to play wth any vampires or anything Fun like that. Usually my worlds have like 20-50 years of genhistory, usually simply because I am lazy. Might kick it up to 100-200 years next time.
A tall, slender creature fond of coffee and computers.

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 03:35:34 pm »

I've experienced that longer histories create more enemies. My latest fort was sieged multiple times by necros and goblins and the civilization screen didn't show anything. There were no towers nearby also.