Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: climbing sieges  (Read 1174 times)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: climbing sieges
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 09:07:20 am »

This planned feature makes me wish chasms were back in the game. Then you could make a megaproject in which the gobbos must climb up your chasm to actually begin the attact.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 10:15:12 am »

3z levels up, line a wall with weapon traps with 10x training spears each. Move a tile back and continue building up. Basically, at 3z's up make a lip and put training spears there. Enemy may dodge sending them tumbling to the possibility of a broken bone, or broken brain.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 11:12:12 am »

This planned feature makes me wish chasms were back in the game. Then you could make a megaproject in which the gobbos must climb up your chasm to actually begin the attact.
Dig down into the caverns. Make a moat to the caverns, to be specific. Have the goblins climb down and up.
...I have my first megaproject for the next version.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 07:09:48 am »

I look forward to climbing sieges.

I keep making moats anyway. To keep the enemies from moving right next to the wall where my marksdwarves can't hit them. Now they are even more practical!

I just hope that the introduction of climbing doesn't have ... side effects. Like, imagine a building that is 3 z-levels tall. The entrance is on the bottom floor and you can reach the roof through a staircase.

If you lock the entrance door; no one gets in. Because enemies can't climb all 3 z-levels (I hope) and the door is locked. But ... what about the dwarves inside?
 When Urist notices that he can't path outside to grab socks. Will Urist suddenly decide to use his !!CLIMBING!! to jump down from the roof, break his ankle and be dogpiled by enemies?
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.
Pages: 1 [2]