Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Child Abuse and How to Torture Goblins  (Read 1335 times)

Aichuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Child Abuse and How to Torture Goblins
« on: October 27, 2012, 07:38:01 am »

Ok, I'm going to ask two different questions here. The first is that some of my dwarven babies are dying and being injured. A few already suffocated to death. For my danger rooms, I have to have some people continuously pulls levers. Many of those dwarves have children. Every time a baby dies (of suffocation), I see that the parent was pulling levers and was holding two children. So perhaps the baby was stuck under its sibling and suffocated? And also many of my babies are bruised, have broken limbs and cannot grasp, stand etc. I know its not any other creauture hurting them because I have super security and I never even let snail men come in my map. I know that the dwarfs aren't intentionally hurting their children but damn, they are careless bastards.

The second is, I got a goblin snatcher stuck in my cage. I am planning to torture him without killing him, but I need some ideas on how to do it. Hurling them off a bridge or using traps have gotten boring. I want to release something in the room. I don't have many animals but I was thinking whether I could release bees and torture(or even kill) them.

Xob Ludosmbax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Child Abuse and How to Torture Goblins
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 08:25:43 am »

This may be a silly question, but are the babies getting speared by the danger rooms?  What do your combat reports say?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 09:16:48 am »

The second is, I got a goblin snatcher stuck in my cage. I am planning to torture him without killing him, but I need some ideas on how to do it. Hurling them off a bridge or using traps have gotten boring. I want to release something in the room. I don't have many animals but I was thinking whether I could release bees and torture(or even kill) them.
You could try drowning it and lowering the water to just enough so that it can breathe before raising the level again, and again, and again... AND AGAIN...

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 09:25:00 am »

The snatcher probably tried to rescue your children from getting mutilated,
so the best torture would be to force him to watch as you cripple your infants...
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 10:33:21 am »

I personally have begun to chain my prisoners in small rooms without any equipment. Then I arm some untrained peasant with a whip and have him attack the prisoners for a brief moment, cancelling the order after first strike. I suppose training weapons wouldn't require so much micromanagement. As for animals, use something sufficiently weak and expendable, like cats. Throw the prisoner in a small hole filled with cats, and he's going to be sorry he was ever randomly generated.

higgypig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 01:20:00 am »

Throw the prisoner in a small hole filled with cats, and he's going to be sorry he was ever randomly generated.

I think im gonna sig this.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 01:27:28 am »

Feel free. :)

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 02:34:23 am »

The classic thing to do with captured prisoners is to have them used as pinatas by military recruits armed with training weapons.  It's amazing how much blunt trauma a goblin can receive before succumbing to the sweet embrace of death.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 02:35:34 am »

The classic thing to do with captured prisoners is to have them used as pinatas by military recruits armed with training weapons.  It's amazing how much blunt trauma a goblin can receive before succumbing to the sweet embrace of death.
This. It's amazing what them bastards will deal with. I personally use them as pincushions for the otherwise impossible to train marksdwarves.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Hurkyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 03:42:46 am »

Throw the prisoner in a small hole filled with cats, and he's going to be sorry he was ever randomly generated.
Until, of course, we learn Toady is a fan of Ranma 1/2 and included the Neko-ken as an easter egg, thus blessing you with the Fun of an invincible super-goblin....