Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Holy Grail  (Read 2544 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Holy Grail
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 04:05:45 pm »

I once had a dwarf in my starting 7 who liked steel and battleaxes, had a deep mistrust for his fellow dwarf, a reverence for authority, and muttered under his breath during lulls in the conversation. Didn't skip a beat making that guy my duke, and even vamp'd him so he could eat the king and live for eternity. He kept losing elections for mayor, so I had everyone with significant social skills executed, again via vampduke.

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 04:16:43 pm »

I always just replace my mayor with my favorite dwarf.. are there any consequences for that? I haven't noticed yet.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 04:20:49 pm »

I always just replace my mayor with my favorite dwarf.. are there any consequences for that? I haven't noticed yet.
I think the only consequence is carvings of dwarves rejecting them. Which always make me snicker, so that's a positive.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 09:07:54 pm »

The past 30 years, 3 dwarves have been passing on the mayor's job to each other every once in a while. They demand boxes and bags, thrones and bolts respectively, so they're allright. The both have their normal worker's bedroom, and the mayor's quarters swaps ownership when a new mayor is chosen. I like to see some dynamics in dwarven politics, and this fort gives me that :D
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 [2]