Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin Sieges bugged in newest version?  (Read 581 times)

Mystry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblin Sieges bugged in newest version?
« on: October 26, 2012, 05:07:59 pm »

Had a goblin siege earlier. My map consists of two mountain with a valley running down the middle, valley contains a brook, whole map freezes. Goblins spawn on top of the left mountain, my entrance is at the bottom right mountain. Happened to have a trade caravan spawn at exactly the same time on top of the right mountain. It became a race to see who would reach the fortress first, the caravan won. They pulled in, unloaded their shit, and then all their guards rushed out of my base to kill one goblin scout. When they came back in, I raised the drawbridge to keep everyone safe, expecting a long ass siege.

Instead, the goblins decided to walk straight past the entrance to my fortress, up the right mountain, and disappear off the map, ending the siege before it began.

Is this intended?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Sieges bugged in newest version?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 05:11:43 pm »

They were not sieging you, you selfish man :P  they were on their way to another fort.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 05:22:34 pm »

I guess you got lucky with killing that one scout. I suppose it was a squad leader, and killing him caused the siege to be broken.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

kuki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 03:37:55 am »

I don't know about sieges, but I have broken ambushes by killing just one goblin, before any others got into combat range. They just turned around walked back off the map where they came from. If everybody makes it into aggro range, it's a fight to the death, though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 02:13:22 pm »

I guess you got lucky with killing that one scout. I suppose it was a squad leader, and killing him caused the siege to be broken.
My guess, too.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.