Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Job/Career  (Read 2148 times)

alcohol_dependent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Job/Career
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 12:56:08 pm »

Thread necro for anyone interested in a follow-up to this thread with some good news.

I ended up turning things around and now I have a pretty awesome job with great pay at a video game studio, and the first project we're working on is on a major franchise for square enix! Wish I could tell you guys what game it is but I signed an NDA!

This company is totally kick-ass too, everyone is very chill and laid back and there's no typical east coast power struggle and pull rank bullshit. I was hanging with the CEO talking business. He ended up straight up giving me another monitor to work at home with by the end of the conversation. I have the feeling I could go up to anyone and start bouncing ideas off them and enthusiasm would follow shortly.

The best part, my parents come up to me and say "When you want something, you go for it and don't take no for an answer. We really admire that in you."

Pretty cool stuff. Now that I have a job I was thinking, well, since I wanted to make games.. what is it I'm going to make? After-hours, of course.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 11:44:53 pm »

That's awesome. Well done, son guy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 12:54:02 am »

Wow, that's cool.  Glad things worked out for you.
Pages: 1 [2]