Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adamantine strands in stockpile  (Read 624 times)

Goodwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adamantine strands in stockpile
« on: October 26, 2012, 08:18:40 pm »

So I have some adamantine strands in a stockpile, about 200 according to my stocks screen (I have an active bookkeeper), however, my smelters keep having issues smelting them and are constantly stopping, saying that they dont have any strands. HAs anyone else had this problem?

bdsorensen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adamantine strands in stockpile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 08:30:32 pm »

This happens with the new hauling system; Dwarves pick up the containers themselves to get the item they want to pick up. So when a hauler picks up a bin of Adamantine Strands, the smelter has no access to the bin, so they cancel the job.

Goodwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 08:36:57 pm »

so uhhhh..... How do I get them out of the bin?

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 08:45:06 pm »

Press 'k' on the bin, hint Enter to view the contents.  Scroll down, press 'v' or Enter (I forget which) on the strands and then hit 'd' to mark them for dumping.  Repeat for each strand.  (Alternatively, mass dump through the stocks screen).  Mark a garbage zone next to your smelters, and also make a small cloth stockpile underneath it (FORBID BINS on it, that's important).  Reclaim strands on arrival to the zone.

Dwarves will dump the strands in the zone, and because they'll be on an appropriate stockpile, they won't be hauled off to the main cloth stockpile.  Unfortunately, due to how enthusiastic haulers are, you'll probably have to do this a few times since a dwarf with a bin will go "Oh hey, this bin has a little space...let's fill it up with those there strands!"  Unless you forbid all bins on all cloth stockpiles, of course.

bdsorensen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 09:17:21 pm »

Just remove the option for dwarves to bring adamantine strands to the stockpile and you're golden.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 09:37:37 pm »

Just remove the option for dwarves to bring adamantine strands to the stockpile and you're golden.

This is bugged atm, especially when bins are taken into account.  The game doesn't currently obey stockpile options for cloth.