Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I need to carefully euthanize my elderly  (Read 2298 times)

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
Re: I need to carefully euthanize my elderly
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 10:24:39 pm »

Now here is a problem you don't see very often. I find the best way to silence a dwarf without upsetting the general populace is to assign them to a small enclosed atom smasher room. It is important to make sure you send them in only one at a time. Otherwise due to the order in which the game checks the dwarves and such, a dwarf who comes later in the frame can(and usually does in my experience) still report everyone dead except him/herself. Main thing is to off the dwarf and dispose of the body, without ever letting another dwarf see it. Dumping them into a volcanoe works too, just make sure noone else is around the rim to see the dwarf go diving, and give the dwarf sufficient time to hit the bottom of the volcanoe before you send the next one in.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:30:26 pm by Patchy »

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 12:36:26 am »

I don't see the point of killing them off deliberately. Let them hang around the meeting hall or barracks and let your dwarves see them die of old age--death is death and it's a good thing to have your soldiers get the "doesn't care anymore" tag.

Just make sure your dwarves have nice bedrooms and dining room; scatter a few expensive statues and things around for them to admire, and the bad thoughts caused by the deaths will get balanced out by the general prosperity around the fort.

If your fort can't survive three deaths by old age, you're going to be in a heap of trouble if multiple soldiers die in a siege or FB attack--killing off old dwarves isn't the solution to this one, because there'll be plenty of deaths you can't predict.

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 01:30:42 pm »

MAGMA on a serious note as long as they are not discovered you can do whatever.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 03:51:06 pm »

Coming this summer from Bay12Games in association with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer

Staring Michael York as you've never seen him before.

Urists Run

Welcome to the 13th Century.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 03:56:33 pm »

Good idea, make them run a gauntlet, like a labyrinth.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 [2]