Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Idea  (Read 482 times)

Aichuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode Idea
« on: October 26, 2012, 10:30:34 am »

So I was thinking, instead of just killing-n-lootin' in adventure mode, how about you can do more stuff. Like build your own house, get married, kids blah blah. And you can do more things, like be a trader (I heard this might be coming soon). Or you can get other jobs, like surgeon (I like imagining going on a screen and selecting different options like 'sew pancreas with thread') and you can earn money. Heck, how about u get involved with politics and you can even become a monarch, handling different political situations. You can hire people to do stuff for you, like build houses and towers. Heck, how about you are able to make basic structures as well. Adventure mode has a lot of potential.

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Idea
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 10:37:15 am »

No matter how much potential it has, Toady has a plan, and he intends to stick to it. I highly doubt he would add anything now if it had a chance of hindering him in the future.

That being said, I believe most, if not all of these ideas. and more, are all planned/currently being developed.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Aichuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 10:48:30 am »

It's confirmed that he's working on being able to build basic structures and the ability to be a trader, but I don't know about the others.

nomnum

• Bay Watcher
  • Spayships
    • View Profile
    • Eighteen Pixels
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 04:37:31 pm »

You have great ideas, but they are very distant ones at that. trader will be coming next update and SOME political interactions as well, however what seems a simple idea in the mind takes A LOT of time and re configuring for a programmer.

However i like what i hear and if it were to come true, id be one happy dwarf  8)
One does not simply...
Manage a dwarven fortress.