Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Storing Alcohol  (Read 804 times)

Hamek McEisenfaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Storing Alcohol
« on: October 24, 2012, 12:14:47 pm »

My forum-foo has failed me. I am blessed in my current fortress with farmers that readily grow abundant booze making crops. I have kaolinite, letting me make pots. what i dont have is room for said booze pots. My question is this, has anyone attempted to mod in a vat, so to speak, an item to hold many many barrels/pots of booze, ready to be dispensed to the thirsty masses, and, if so, what was the end result of said modding genius. If no one has, is it even possible. Thanks for your attention.
"here's 7 inebriated borderline psychotic bastards, go dig out a living space for 200 of them that will be coming soon btw there's also a terrible tentacle monster-panda made out of barf to deal with have fun" -PsychicKid

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_POST][CURIOUSBEAST_POSTER][FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: Storing Alcohol
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 12:41:16 pm »

with a bigger fort (>50) it's not a good idea to store all the booze in a ultimate single container, because only one dorf at a time can drink from a barrel
it's better to have 100 barrelz with 10 booze each than have 50 with 20 booze each.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 01:03:29 pm »

Might be an interesting idea for equalizing barrels, since I can get a lot of them with only 1 or 2 drinks left and waiting for someone to chug them out.

Hamek McEisenfaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 01:38:45 pm »

Now that you have mentioned that, that seems to be my main issue. I have the main dining room stockpile full of barrels of 1-3 drinks, while the stockpile is full of 'full' barrels.
"here's 7 inebriated borderline psychotic bastards, go dig out a living space for 200 of them that will be coming soon btw there's also a terrible tentacle monster-panda made out of barf to deal with have fun" -PsychicKid