Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Free Adamantine issue?  (Read 1745 times)

Burnzy503

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Free Adamantine issue?
« on: October 14, 2012, 09:58:49 pm »

So for laughs I thought I would start a new world in as evil a place as possible to see how long I could survive...knowing how easily I'd die I thought it'd be silly to toy around with the create free adamantine wafers threads and a few other things to help...I put them in exactly how the guide said, yet I still cannot make anything it's not working...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Could it be because I didn't remove the real create adamantine wafers threads etc?
Defeating deities and dying to llamas!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Free Adamantine issue?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 10:49:24 pm »

Okay, I'll list the things you may not have done in the order you have to do them...

1. Forgot to include [PERMITTED_REACTION:FREE_X] for all of the reactions in entity_default.
2. Forgot to regen.

Burnzy503

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 11:01:09 pm »

Yes! Soon after posting this I tried the [PERMITTED_REACTION:XXXCUSTOM_REACTION_NAMEXXX] and it worked perfectly! Thank you Putnam, you're always the one I hope comments because you really know DF Modding! :D
Defeating deities and dying to llamas!

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
  • This user menaces with spikes of sarcasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 03:40:11 pm »

On a related topic/not a huge threadjack, in the [PRODUCT] part of the reaction, does the PROBABILITY value have to be 100 in order for these reactions to execute?

I tried modifying them to create free diamonds at a probability of 1, and the dwarves seem to get stuck on the smelter and they never complete a single task. Does their need to be some sort of product generated in order for the task to count as completed?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 06:45:53 pm »

On a related topic/not a huge threadjack, in the [PRODUCT] part of the reaction, does the PROBABILITY value have to be 100 in order for these reactions to execute?

I tried modifying them to create free diamonds at a probability of 1, and the dwarves seem to get stuck on the smelter and they never complete a single task. Does their need to be some sort of product generated in order for the task to count as completed?

Nope. 1 should work.

Artinnio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 07:46:39 pm »

EDIT: Never mind, solved it
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 08:08:44 pm by Artinnio »