Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Moments of why does that dwarf have to be doing that job at that time  (Read 2048 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moments of why does that dwarf have to doing that job
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 02:24:31 am »

Despite logic, I resolve that this is all the fault of Logem Idokurist, derelict broker.  He shall be remembered as a vile traitor, dwarves will spit and yank their beards at the mention of his name.

If this happens again to you - the ignoring the duty with 'no job' part... there's an easy way to yank his chain and get him to remember his work - simply toggle the trader needed at the depot.

When I'm trying to summon my broker to the depot and he's busy with whatever (my set up doesn't allow for parties, but all my dwarves do almost all sorts of work willy-nilly), I often find I need to cancel his current task, and then turn the 'broker needed' summons off and on again - to make him quickly respond.  If he doesn't immediately take the job, I watch, let him finish whatever need he was tending to, and then toggle the summons again.  This works very reliably - save when the poor broker needs to drink AND eat AND sleep.  That tends to take the whole caravan time.

But even that has a work around - the sleep part at least.  Send someone to deconstruct the beard's bed.  Even if he's barely lain down to sleep, he'll be up in a flash and functional for a time.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.
Pages: 1 [2]