Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bookkeeper requirements  (Read 787 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Bookkeeper requirements
« on: August 15, 2006, 04:30:00 am »

I don't remember if I pointed this out anywhere, and the manual wasn't clear enough.  To get a bookkeeper, you need to create some wealth (not a problem) but also you need to make 5 coin stacks.  All of this needs to be visible to the autumn caravan, and then the noble will come in the spring.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Aristharus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bookkeeper requirements
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 04:33:00 am »

Visible? As in outdoors? I don't want some damned monkeys stealing my coins. Is it good enough if I transfer the coins to the depot for trade? I have 7 coin stacks and the caravan just visited. I don't remember if I moved them to the depot, though.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 04:38:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Aristharus:
<STRONG>Visible? As in outdoors? I don't want some damned monkeys stealing my coins.</STRONG>

Draft someone into military duty and tell them to gaurd the pile with the coins.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 04:58:00 am »

Ah sorry sorry, I just mean "in your fortress anywhere" when the caravan is there.  If you make the coins in winter, you won't get the noble in the spring.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Aristharus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 05:06:00 am »

Great, then I should get my first noble soon. I had the coins before the caravan arrived.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.