Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possessed dwarf wants more.  (Read 1611 times)

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possessed dwarf wants more.
« on: November 01, 2012, 04:06:03 pm »

I have my armorsmith possessed and wanting 1 bar of metal and 1 piece of yarn cloth.
He has got both, dfhack even says that he has all he wants, he is still stating his needs, as if he hasn't got all those things he gathered.
By the way, i used the burrow-exploid to make him take about 30 bars of mixed lead, copper, silver and gold.
Is he going to go nuts? Or will he make the artifact despite that he isn't working on it?

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possessed dwarf wants more.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 04:40:59 pm »

I don't know all the details of how to complete the planepacked glitch (quit collecting, start building), but by the sounds of it you were deliberately using that.  I guess read the thread on using planepacked glitch for more detailed info (I skimmed it once) on how to let the poor sod finish the silly thing at long last.  Oh, and plan on him drinking, eating and sleeping for a whole season afterward, lol.  Oh, and make sure you didn't forbid one of the original two materials.  Enjoy your Legendary +5 Lay Pewter Left Guantlet!!

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 06:54:39 pm »

Well first of all, if he's still burrowed, you need to un-burrow him after you've got all the gathered materials. If he still wants more, it's because he's missing something like a piece of yarn that he never took while taking all that other crap.

@Mr S: Dwarves under the effects of strange moods feel no hunger, thirst, or tiredness. Fear and pain have yet to be tested. Going to take the opportunity to repost this :3
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf gathered materials for 6 years, didn't even eat afterwards. Moods just freeze the dwarf's physical status (including skills). I plan to test if this makes them immortal though...
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 06:56:21 pm »

I think being scared away or knocked unconscious after mood starts acts like as if they failed the mood. However that's going off hearsay from as far back as 40d, and should be easy enough to test anyway.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 03:32:51 am »

Well, i have already deleted the burrow, he is sitting in his little magmaforge, murmuring that he wants bars and tread.
But, the "Show items in buildings" dont show the horsehaircloth i made him 10 minutes ago? How is that? Will i have to make cloth from rock?

AndreaReina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 04:19:31 am »

Horse hair cloth? AFAIK you can only spin horse hair into thread, which won't work. You'll need to shear an animal or buy some wool/yarn cloth from a caravan.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 04:22:19 am »

Then why does DFhack say that he has 1 out of 1 of yarn cloth?
Can DFhack turn rock into sheepwool?

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 04:33:43 am »

Sure you are trying to give him yarn cloth instead of plant cloth? It's a different thing for moods.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 05:19:49 am »

Sure you are trying to give him yarn cloth instead of plant cloth? It's a different thing for moods.
Yes, the mood clearly states yarn cloth, so does dfhack
The problem is that dfhack says hes got everything when he apparently hasn't.

muzzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 07:04:48 am »

In my limited experience, DFhack showmood always shows that a mooding dwarf has everything he needs. Even if he's about to go insane from a lack of yarn cloth.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 08:03:48 am »

Figured out what to do, i need to use the command "changeitem" to change my pig tail fiber cloth into sheed wool yarn cloth.
But what raws are needed for that?

I know that i have to "k" then select the cloth, write "changeitem m" but what comes after that?