Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What a bone sword might look like  (Read 2601 times)

Decimator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What a bone sword might look like
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 11:46:25 pm »

If there were more criminals like this guy, the world would be a much more exciting place.
I don't know if it's accurate to call the guy a criminal. It sounds like his actual crimes boil down to "being rude to a cop".
Kicking a cop in the head is quite rude indeed.
Quote from: Duke 2.0
Urist McMood: Must have... Glass!
 Kogan McHauler: We were able to get a few pieces from some encrusted trinkets. Hopefully, thats al-Oh CRAP we don't have any fuel!
 Urist McMood: That won't be a problem...
 *Starts bending metal with his bare hands*

Snowblind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 04:07:52 am »

I imagine he lightly kicked an officer in a head unintentionally while flailing about, belligerently, while he was struggling and being pinned down and handcuffed. He was probably drunk. I don't think he did a real purposeful crazy kung-fu flying kick on the cop or anything.

Anyways, I like the cop-kicker's sword. I think a DF bone sword would be more like that then a solid blade. Bone isn't dense or strong enough to produce a cutting edge. It would be more like the 'Macuahuitl' sword of the Aztec, with sharped bone in a serrated pattern embedded in a length of wood or whatever. More a club with sharp bits in it, like a 2x4 with nails in it, basically.

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 11:38:35 am »

I used to live in that town. Stuff like that happens all the time. Im suprised more people never heard about the time a kid working at the local sports store/gun store managed to get stolen weapons from the shop across the bloody country.

Then there was the time someone was shot with a cross-bow in his driveway. The town is a literal Hell Hole and moving away was the best day ever.
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

Lee72

• Bay Watcher
  • ranting at the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 04:27:20 am »

Oh sorry... I thought you said BONE SAW!!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 05:59:01 am »

Better bone saw. just imagine a CMD holding that.

Come to think of it, shouldn't an MD need tools to operate?

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 10:53:17 am »

Better bone saw. just imagine a CMD holding that.

Come to think of it, shouldn't an MD need tools to operate?
Who needs a bone saw when you have a multipurpose super organ? Beards can generate cutting edges, and can at most chop through bone in short order.
Don't ask me why dwarves don't use them to fight.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 09:59:18 pm »

On their 12th birthday, every dwarf is granted a set of knives which function as everything from table utensils to chisels. They are used for hundreds or thousands of different tasks throughout the dwarf's life. Of course, such a vital part of one's identity would only be willingly bloodied by a truly depraved soul, and no dwarf wants such a clear sign of depravity on them.
It's why child dwarves can't work, and why the generic name for dwarves means "Dagger."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 [2]