Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Wargame European Escelation  (Read 29593 times)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wargame European Escelation
« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2012, 01:54:28 am »

Well guys I feel this is deserving of bumping/necromancy. Well two things actually.

A) Patch came out that updated ATGMs to be (much) more powerful and some medium tanks have 2100 meter ranges.

B) A SEQUEL IS ALREADY IN THE WORKS YEEEEES. It's called Wargame: AirLand Battle (kind of a weird name I know).

Its going to have jets and air superiority battles, plus 4-8 new nations and several hundred new units.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2012, 10:41:18 am »

In this episode, war rages in Northern Europe, notably Scandinavia, whose architecture and magnificent landscapes are faithfully recreated in the game.

Four new nations and their vehicles join the original eight from the first installment...

Only four new nations. I'm interested in seeing which ones. If Scandinavia is involved, I'm guessing at least Norway. Also, the map in the teaser looked like Norway.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2012, 12:21:18 pm »

Oh, four. I know the devs confirmed that Sweden was one of the new nations.

Which is great, I'm hoping the J-35 Draken makes a show.

Ahem... I'm an old ace combat player so this is amazing to me.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2012, 12:54:34 pm »

In case they mean the Nordics with "Scandinavia", Finland may well be in as well, especially if a neutral nation like Sweden is in (If I remember my history lessons correctly, both sides had made plans to attack Finland in case the war turned hot. The Soviets had an armored group of some sort waiting near St. Petersburg Leningrad with orders to make their way to Oulu, and authorization to use two tactical nuclear weapons to get there). Just makes me wonder what sorts of units Finland will have, as it's mostly foreign equipment used by the finnish military.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 17, 2012, 12:57:13 pm »

Well I hope the warsaw pact will get some non russian units that aren't just russian units with a different texture. That always annoyed me, even though it does make sense.

EDIT: Canada was also confirmed to be in the game as a nation. So I'm guessing sweden and canada are additions to the NATO team? I wonder what warsaw will get?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 03:01:30 pm by darkrider2 »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2012, 08:54:27 pm »

Would be pretty funny if China made an appearance. Hungary and Romania are pretty likely though... but in that case it's gonna be carbon copies again. But honestly, all the Red countries in those days used the exact same equipment.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2012, 06:22:52 am »

China I'm guessing will never appear here. What would they be doing in Europe?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2012, 07:35:11 am »

China I'm guessing will never appear here. What would they be doing in Europe?

Sending "voulenteers" that are pretty much the Infantry equivalent of those crappy polish T-34s
And speaking of T-34s... those things are so aincient by the time the game takes place it's not even funny.
They could give the poles some T-55s but nooo have some elite infantry and T-34s that can't hit a thing and explode when someone looks at them funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za0gLGuCEkI&feature=related
Now that's some five star multiplayer hilarity.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 08:07:25 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2012, 12:23:40 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za0gLGuCEkI&feature=related
Now that's some five star multiplayer hilarity.

I laughed so hard when they started shooting the helicopters down.

This is why I always use AA infantry.

xoseph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 16, 2012, 07:47:23 am »

Just bought this game, and I've got to say I love it.  Still pretty noob, but I'm starting to figure things out.  This is the first modern military rts that has hooked me.  It's refreshing to have a variety of armor beyond 'siege tanks', and APCs that can hold their own against infantry.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]