Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: reducing clothes  (Read 712 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
reducing clothes
« on: November 09, 2012, 08:58:40 am »

I want to mod out redundant clothes, and keep only the shirt, pants, caps and cloaks.
I removed all unwanted [ARMOR:.....] entries from the various entities in entity_default, and removed the clothing that's no longer used from item_amor, pants, gloves, shoes and helm.txt. I did not remove the lointcloth and tunic from the kobold entity, so I left those in the armor and pants.txt as well. The thought of naked kobolds abhorred me.

Is that sufficient to get the required result?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: reducing clothes
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 09:11:34 am »

Most likely that's enough. I was wondering if changing COMMON to FORCED should be done, but I believe that the game tries to keep at least one of each layer for each body part, and all of the armors, in the entity files. Which's why sometimes high boots don't exists but low boots does and so on.

If you're missing some stuffs, then putting in FORCED instead of COMMON should do the job.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 11:32:06 am »

Is that sufficient to get the required result?
Should be. Test it and see if it works like it's supposed to.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 02:06:18 pm »

Why give the kobolds loincloths and tunics?
Just give them pants and shirts like everyone else.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Scrimpton

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 01:10:54 am »

If you get this working to a happy level, i'd love to have the file, or just to know how to do this sort of thing.
Always get a bit overwhelmed by the clothing, but it never seems particularly important anyway.