Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Very laggy cities?  (Read 970 times)

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
Very laggy cities?
« on: September 15, 2012, 10:02:58 pm »

Does anyone experience this or is it my CPU card burning up since it takes almost three to five seconds to take one step in cities even though i understand it has a looot of stuff is there a way to reduce this?

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Very laggy cities?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 10:05:48 pm »

Since i love exploring the dungeons but that lag makes it almost unBEARable

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 10:20:47 pm »

Your character has to be faster, so fewer processes will happen while you take a single step/tick with him. That might mean training your armor user skill, or carry less stuff (though this is counterintuitive, because usually a dungeon exploration implies bringing loot to the surface).

Try to use the common way-arounds of FPS increase, such as disabling temperature and stuff like that.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 10:32:13 pm »

Not sure if it is the armor but FPS wise i believe would help thank you :)

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 02:42:13 pm »

I think I'm having this problem as well. Not only in cities and sewers, but also outside (although outside it's better).

Every few tiles the game freezes for a while. I don't mind having to move through huge cities and sewers, but when it happens at a such a slow pace, it becomes a really boring experience.

Temperature/weather settings didnt seem to help at all.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 03:52:50 pm »

I'm having this too, I think is the huge crowds in cities, and the animals, and all the movement calculations for NPC, and the chantings from shopkeepers.

My speed when I'm hoarding stuff doesn't seem to drop bellow 99, no matter how much stuff I carry, in the countryside I can move fine, in the outskirts of towns and in hamlets I get a little lag, but in the down-town at the castle/keep entry is fatal, it gets manageable when I drop my backpack and get speed 400 or over, any speed bellow that down-town lags a lot.

I usually remove my backpack with the bulk of my stuff and throw it around, then move, pick it up, and throw it again, when I have to move in down-town.

Getting rid of the heavy stuff first also helps, I carry the corpses and skeletons I find and place them in the town square as a warning... lol..