Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Journey  (Read 3306 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Journey
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 04:44:44 pm »

how about having the option of choosing to leed immigrants with the benefit of having them be more numerous and arrive faster, thus having it be a choise that effects your fortress, without haviing it be that leading the immigrants and the journey effecting them as one thing to turn on or off.

I think it is reasonable for adventurers to be able to lead groups of immigrants to your already established fortress, if that is what you are suggesting. That's a good idea.

assasin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2012, 11:42:56 am »

I'd support an option to lead a group of adventurers to a new fortress site as long as its optional in exchange for a few bonuses like having supplies not being limited to seven dwarves and stuff.

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2012, 11:56:18 am »

Presumably it can then be limited to the amount of dwarves you can get to follow you to the site. As well as however much you decide to carry.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2012, 03:54:18 pm »

how about having the option of choosing to leed immigrants with the benefit of having them be more numerous and arrive faster, thus having it be a choise that effects your fortress, without haviing it be that leading the immigrants and the journey effecting them as one thing to turn on or off.
Sounds sensible, if there's a good reason why your fortress would be leading them, such as if it sent out a guide or the party was actually being lead by your adventurer or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 07:00:05 pm »

Maybe the head-of-state wanted more adamantine cups?
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]