Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Allow viewing character pages after death  (Read 511 times)

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Allow viewing character pages after death
« on: October 11, 2012, 05:43:01 pm »

Right now, when someone dies in-game you can no longer view information about them. No description, no relationships, no status page. It might help to remember just who they were.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
Re: Allow viewing character pages after death
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 07:35:39 pm »

I'm aware of a convoluted way to access their description through the relationships screens, but they show up with "his/her upper body is gone"

I agree somewhat it would be nice to at least have a description of the corpse or at least who it was early on before rotting at least.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
Re: Allow viewing character pages after death
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 10:46:13 am »

The inability to find the corpse when it dies is a feature that annoys me constantly. Therefore, I would consider it best to leave it in.

A description of  what was damaged would still be very useful, though. That way you can tell, with some luck, the number of assailants, the weapons they used, how long the dwarf was being murdered, and some other investigative information.
Whether or not a diagnostic is required is another matter...
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.