Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creating a Race help  (Read 1061 times)

Burnzy503

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creating a Race help
« on: October 12, 2012, 02:03:27 pm »

Hello all! It's been a while since I've posted on this forum, I've been a tad busy and all (Sophomore in college and an RA) but I'm back!

For awhile I've been trying to make my own race for adventure mode, so far it works they're playable and it doesn't work too badly. The only issue is, after many many attempts I still have been unable to make them able to wear armor and use swords/shields etc. The only areas I can equip things is their left and right hands. The race was a bronze colossus but I edited it to create this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry it's a tad long, if anyone can figure out what I need to make them able to wear stuff I'd truly appreciate the help
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:11:03 pm by Burnzy503 »
Defeating deities and dying to llamas!

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Creating a Race help
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 04:37:27 pm »

[CAN_LEARN]
[INTELLIGENT]
[CAN_SPEAK]

These tags shouldn't be within the [TISSUE:BRONZE] I.E. Put them at the beginning of the creature.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 05:27:08 pm »

[CAN_LEARN]
[INTELLIGENT]
[CAN_SPEAK]

These tags shouldn't be within the [TISSUE:BRONZE] I.E. Put them at the beginning of the creature.

Whitespace doesn't matter at all. They can go under TISSUE:BRONZE as long as they go after the last token that does go under TISSUE:BRONZE--I.E, TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER. The only places where such things matter for creature tokens are castes.

Burnzy503

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 01:57:07 pm »

Then what could I do to allow them to wear human armor? I was sure I copied all of the human sizes to match.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 01:59:26 pm »

In what way are they unable?

Burnzy503

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 02:03:00 pm »

When I'm playing as the race in game, I'm only allowed to equip to my left and right hands, in the inventory area it only lists the hands. When I even try to pick up a rock it tells me I don't have a free grasp even though I'm usually only holding something such as a spear. Also, there are many skills I'm unable to select when starting a character like sword user is missing or shield user.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 02:16:42 pm »

Are you multigrasping the spear?

Do you have EQUIPS?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 02:20:55 pm »

He has both, just no backpack.

Everything that you have now comes with the territory of starting as an outsider. You start naked and are only able to choose basic combat skills plus spear and knife user.

Burnzy503

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 01:36:00 am »

Even then though I'm an outsider and I've been able to obtain backpacks and other pieces of armor but yet it still only allows me to have a left and right hand in the inventory area. I have no idea why all of the other inventory slots are gone...could it have to do with me being made of bronze?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 10:48:34 am »

Even then though I'm an outsider and I've been able to obtain backpacks and other pieces of armor but yet it still only allows me to have a left and right hand in the inventory area. I have no idea why all of the other inventory slots are gone...could it have to do with me being made of bronze?

What exactly do you mean by "only allows you to have a left and right hand"? Have you tried putting things in your backpack? Have you put any armor on?

Burnzy503

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 01:48:13 pm »

That's the problem! If I have a free grasp and I happen to pick up a piece of armor it says there's nothing left to wear even though I'm completely naked! In the screen with where you can see what's equipped there's nothing but a left and right hand!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 03:11:52 pm »

Is the stuff listed as "X" or as "small X" or "large X"?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.