Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Things that were AWESOME today  (Read 382 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Things that were AWESOME today
« on: October 14, 2012, 10:05:30 pm »

There is no in-use awesome thread? Come on, we need an awesome thread. Maybe it'll cheer up all those sad thread guys and restore faith in humanity.

I'll start! Today I got a photodiode off of an old router, made an extremely shoddy amplifier on a breadboard and attached it to my dad's old oscilloscope. Then I got the two most radioactive things in the house that aren't bolted to the ceiling (an antique glowing watch and a lump of pitchblende from a really old sample set) and tested them on the photodiode. Seeing the green line jump as each particle of radiation hit it was a really moving experience - for a moment I felt like one of those characters from the movies who has five seconds of screentime and gets up from their high-tech console to yell something like "But Mr. President, we can't-" before being interrupted.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:07:06 pm by GoombaGeek »
My wooden badge was delicious.

Destructios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that were AWESOME today
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 10:11:37 pm »

Space jump.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 10:15:46 pm »

We do not need another today thread. The existing today threads already cover happiness, sadness, anger, and confusion. Very little falls outside of those bounds. Everything that could be posted here would be better posted in the Happy Thread.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 10:24:43 pm »

You know what, fine, I swear everyone here is angry if they aren't depressed.

THIS THREAD WAS A BAD IDEA FROM THE START OK GAIZ
I AM LOCKING NAO
IF YOU HAVE ANY NON-QUANTIFIABLE EMOTIONS TO EXPRESS, POST IN THE VAGUE EXISTENTIAL THINGS YOU FELT TODAY THREAD
My wooden badge was delicious.