Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legendary Child  (Read 1673 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Legendary Child
« on: October 13, 2012, 03:05:44 pm »

I just had something epic happen at my fortress. A young child, Victoria, of mine was taken by the fey. Immediately, she ran outside and grabbed 10 nanny goat bones and 20 water buffalo bones and started to work. Her finished product? A chain made of bones. The best part though? Victoria is just one year old, and she's already a Legendary Bone Carver. *sniff* They grow up so fast!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 04:53:55 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary Child
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 04:25:40 pm »

Chain an elf with it in her room.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 04:31:38 pm »

Could we see the epic artefact description?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 04:55:24 pm »

Grr, I'll try to add a picture, but I'm struggling right now due my lack finesse in this area.

Also, if I do use the chain, I think I may go for the irony effect and chain up snatchers in her room. The kidnapper is now held prisoner by the child.
BIRDS.

Metalsoul212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 04:58:33 pm »

Make a single solitary dungeon way down by the smr and chain an elf to it. Forever surrounded by molten rock miles from his precious trees, and so close to hell he can hear the demons whispering to him...Well that was dark lmao xD

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 05:17:34 pm »

I would punish the elves, but I need to be on at least ok terms with them for now. They are one of my few sources to wood.

...Blasted elves, controlling the industry then berating others like hypocrites!
BIRDS.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 06:57:35 pm »

Yeah, the first one is kind-of exciting.
Then the next five get in on the act, you end up with a generation of bone and wood carvers/crafters who are pretty much useless to the future of the fortress.
You cannot put them to work until they turn twelve, but, at the same time, i have not noticed any evidence of skill rust on any children, though I don't know if this is a function of the artifact process.

Here's my one year-old legendary stone-crafter........

and his artifact.......

The following year, his three year-old sister did pretty much the same thing, except with bones.
It's one thing I'd ask Toady to fix, when you've got plenty of adults who have not had a mood, ignore the minors.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 03:14:24 am »

It's one thing I'd ask Toady to fix, when you've got plenty of adults who have not had a mood, ignore the minors.
Or make moody (non-possessed) children able to work.