Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Poisons and Toxins  (Read 781 times)

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Poisons and Toxins
« on: November 17, 2012, 06:19:05 pm »

basically, although this may be a bit ahead of the time setting DF is in, you could possibly extract toxin glands from animals with said toxins, such as platypus or snakes, or forgotten beasts.  there's a chance your worker could contract the syndrome while extracting it, further levels will make it less unlikely to be poisoned and extract more poison.  wearing special gloves and a mask over your mouth would help.  you could then coat weapons with said poison, or dump it onto someone or something.  you could even manufacture your own poisons with the right materials.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Poisons and Toxins
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 06:26:44 pm »

Most injected venoms don't do anything when touched or ingested.

Also, planned.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 06:31:00 pm »

if you don't mind me asking, how do you know it's planned? i'd like to see logs to see how close I was to guessing
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 12:24:36 pm »

So, any proof?

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 12:45:23 pm »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Extract

Extracting's already there, the rest'll be around in due time :D

It's more there're just no current framework to handle poisons and toxic material beyond the most primitive contact, injected, or edible syndrome, yet ( there're also inhaled syndrome, but it looks mostly modding-related ).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 03:21:06 pm »

if you don't mind me asking, how do you know it's planned? i'd like to see logs to see how close I was to guessing
I don't remember exactly where, sadly. Of course, Toady would have to be a moron not to be planning it...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.