Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: End of Nations; MMORTS  (Read 2112 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
End of Nations; MMORTS
« on: August 19, 2010, 01:21:14 pm »

http://www.endofnations.com/en/

Looks rather interesting.

A bit like R.U.S.E meets Warzone 2100. Also the folks working on it are ex-westwood.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
Re: End of Nations; MMORTS
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 02:02:48 pm »

I'll go ahead and say that this game looks pretty appealing to me. I've always enjoyed playing RTS games since I was a kid, and I loved multiplayer -- but only multiplayer against AI since I suck terribly.

The idea of playing some sort of massive, class-based RTS with dozens of other players on the same map against some sort of AI super-faction sounds chaotic and wonderful. Complete with prizes and some modicum of persistence.

Trying to picture 50 players fighting together in some sort of awesome raid; I think I want it.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 02:15:43 pm »

I am confused about how people on the AoE thread hate MMORTS games, but people on this thread like them.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 02:21:20 pm »

I am confused about how people on the AoE thread hate MMORTS games, but people on this thread like them.

Maybe AoE as an MMORTS will suck and dirty its title name?

And this is probably going to be better? And have vs. Ai?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 03:28:52 pm »

The beta is brilliant and the game is close to launching. It's an evolution of the gameplay from Shattered Galaxy and a bit of Tom Clancy's EndWar. I encourage you all to try to get in on the beta now and see how you like it.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 06:40:49 pm »

Because this is a ground up new franchise to explore the MMORTS genre, while AOE online is just microsoft's half-assed attempt to follow the latest trend because they are a company with serious self-identity issues.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 07:12:22 pm »

This game reminds me of another game I used to play a bit way back when.

Shattered Galaxy was a pretty fun little game. It was mostly faction-vs-Faction wars going on, and I guess unless you were a special subscriber or something, you can play as alien forces or something. RPG elements affected how well you can command your units in the game, or how many you can command at the same time; along with how many in reserve you can keep to keep the battlefront stocked with troops.

It was rather fun; had more of a Starcraft feel to it.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 07:17:21 pm »

Shattered galaxy was the BEST, and I recently went back only to find pompeii is completely dead and has aliens roaming it's surface with impugnity, and they are far too powerful for a newbie to deal with fresh out of the gate, and there are no actual fights going on. It's kind've sad really.

But yeah ,definitely looking forward to this, it looks awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 07:37:42 pm »

I played this during one of the beta weekends, and it was pretty interesting. Cooperation is, as usual in online stuff, rather hard to keep working when not everyone realized there was team chat instead of SHOUTING YOUR PLANS TO THE ENTIRE MAP.

Not everymap requires large co-op as far as I remember though, so its not entierly a problem there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 09:08:48 pm »

Thanks for this thread.  I remembered I had signed up for beta.  Installing now!