Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: The Second Team - Under Construction - Currently Recruiting  (Read 664 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

This game is a part of the universe that was created in its father thread. Interaction between the two is entirely feasible.
Players may not own living characters on both threads simultaneously. You have been warned.

Stasis pods line the Migrant Compartment. Small status lights wink a deep bluish hue that spills out across the dull steel bulkhead, deepening the gloom that envelops deck. The machinery purrs quietly through its cracked shell, spouting tubing and pipework that hisses and rattles deep into the cavernous bulkhead of the freighter Mythology, which has been underway now for nearly a decade.

As the freighter approaches the end of its hushed journey, green text plays across the inside of your eyelids as the pod's subroutines engage, lulling your consciousness out of its slumber and prompting your input.

Migrant, who are you? I reserve the right to edit your character sheet. Mostly just for grammar and clarifications to your chosen traits. I may also remove, alter, or even add items to your inventory!

Where will you settle Migrant? You all need to come to a consensus on this one; there will be three planets total when I'm finished. I have decided to allow future migrants to embark and colonise different planets. Hooray for galactic conflict!
Spoiler: Potential Colonies (click to show/hide)

Who Has Embarked on This Voyage? Please check your migrant's final inventory here.
Spoiler: Migrant Charters (click to show/hide)

A Bit of Friendly Advice to All Migrants!
YOU MAY BE SUBJECTED TO ADVERSE GRAVITATIONAL OR ATMOSPHERIC CONDITIONS
KEEP IN MIND THE PLANET THAT HAS BEEN CHOSEN WHILE CONSIDERING YOUR INVENTORY

Have a pleasant journey migrant.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 02:29:05 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Gameplay:
All actions are to be bolded and all in-character dialogue is to be italicised and may be coloured. Out-of-character dialogue is to be contained within ((a double set of parentheses)). Multiple actions may be undertaken at once, and will be performed in the order and manner specified, and each take the according amount of time to accomplish.

The dice rules are thus:
[Lower Than 1] - Blew Up In the Hanger: You are guaranteed to lose limbs, life, equipment, jobs, friends, dignity, etc. The severity of the loss goes in accordance with however many points below 1 you have fallen.
[1] - Utter Loss: It didn't work, and you've likely made the situation worse in the process.
[2] - Failure: Whatever you were trying to do, it didn't pan out.
[3] - Ineffective: Your action was successful, but it hardly made a difference.
[4] - Success: It worked, and with the intended results.
[5] - Pure Victory: The action went just as you planned it, and you even managed to get something else in too.
[6] - Pyrrhic: The action went as planned, but with unexpected side effects.
[Higher Than 6] - I Don't Understand: You are guaranteed to gain limbs, life, equipment, jobs, friends, dignity, etc. The value of the gain goes hand-in-hand with the amount of points above 6 that you have risen.

Example: Draws submachine gun and unloads in the nearest hostile creature's face.  Die hellspawn! [5 Weak eyesight -1, rifle champion +1, well within range +1=6] Your weapon blares and the monster's twisted face is instantly eviscerated, exploding in a magnificent shower of blood and grey matter, staining the walls of the cavern a deep crimson as he slumps to the ground. You also hit Joe in the arm. Why did you hit Joe in the arm?

Inventory:
The items in your Equipment section will be dropped with and stored in the Rover. If you want to use something you need to go pick it up first. Credits are stored electronically through the MRU. You gain Community Credits by establishing industries in the colony, or by donating to the community out of your own pocket. The amount of pooled community credits can be viewed by accessing the MRU. Personal credits can only be viewed by using your Personal MRU Card, which is on your person at all times. Any clothing specified in your inventory will not be visible through your Atmosphere Suit, which you will be wearing upon landing at the colony, but you may remove the Atmosphere Suit if it has been established that the environment is safe for human beings.

The MRU:
Any colonist can requisition personal items using the MRU which will be delivered instantly to the user's pack. Energy battery packs can also be recharged at the MRU for a price. Community Credits must be used to request larger items such as structures and vehicles. Item prices will be determined on a case-to-case basis. You can ask for anything.

A REMINDER TO RANGED WEAPONS USERS
Ballistic weapons are severely outdated in this age. Some people still use them for their stopping power, mostly hunters. An energy weapon can potentially be more deadly than a rifle, but keep in mind that if a creature is charging you, it will not slow down when you shoot it. In contrast, most energy weapons' projectiles will continue forever, with only a few exceptions to the rule. Thus, they have no maximum range.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:35:51 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

-Claimed-

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Deciding on the planet will be done later. Do not include that in your character sheet.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reserved, Ill put a sheet up this afternoon once I get home from work.
Lets hope this time the doctor does not shoot me while trying to save me.... Twice.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Interesting, will put character up later.

Why is this not in the RTD subthread, like the other one?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Interesting, will put character up later.

Why is this not in the RTD subthread, like the other one?
FFFFFFFFACEPALM.

EDIT: I'll lock this now. I'd appreciate it if a mod could remove it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 02:32:04 am by GUNINANRUNIN »