Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Crossing the Bright Void - a Space Pirate RTD: Turn 8.5 - Horrors of War  (Read 26832 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crossing the Bright Void - a Space Pirate RTD: Turn 8.5 - Horrors of War
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2012, 08:42:31 am »

((I hope this doesnt die.))

It isn't going to, I'm a work on the turn some later today and those who haven't posted an action by the time I'm done will be skipped over.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2012, 08:45:05 am »

((Caellath will have looong posted his action by the time you're done.  :P

Because he's currently busy and all, can't wait for that turn [though I'll be missing my kobold buddy...who I never got to know]))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2012, 10:25:56 am »

"That man didn't seem any fun at all." Narthendal quipped as he sunk into his chair, taking some coins from his pocket and flipping them while trying to guess the result. Pushing the limits of his own luck, you could say, aside from the fact coins worked very well as improvised weapons.

The Tendril approached the station and the personnel started to move around to prepare for the refueling procedures. The vessel was silent bar chatter and the muffled and soft sound of new machinery near the engine deck - the crew was already used to the drill. Nothing too hard, after all.

The captain sighed and stood up, slinging his laser rifle behind his back, its shape mostly hidden by his commander's coat and the greatcoat hanging from his shoulders. Well, some time at a station taking care of the ship's needs meant some free time on the loose for him. He flipped one more coin. Tails.

As the coin felt, he snatched it mid-air and looked at the result with a knowing smile. Tails.
"While we are refueling, I'll go take a peek at the station. Important business, you know. Behave while I'm out there."

To the station, find some interesting things to do while the ship is refueled...Play poker, perhaps.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2012, 04:52:47 am »

((Oh and Nirur(I think that's the spelling) left the game or do you know?))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2012, 05:37:45 am »

((Oh and Nirur(I think that's the spelling) left the game or do you know?))
Nirur said he would possibly leave after finishing the battle. I'm pretty sure the GM noticed that btw.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2012, 06:19:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2012, 11:13:48 pm »

Okay I am officially announcing this dead, but do not fear the game shall be back in an improved version :) I'm going to do a bit of rework on the system, and do a bit of additions and removals but I'll be restarting this in a new thread with a bit of a different start.

By different I mean all the players will not start out in space, instead you'll all start as criminals on a single planet and work your way up from there to become Space Pirates, if you guys want to band together to make a single faction of pirates you'll be able to :D

Any who anyone who wants to carry over to it post in here or PM me. Current players will of course get automatically put in if they wish to be, and wait listers may keep their spots or take places in the player list if not all of the current players want to continue.

Since I know that some of you atleast liked this a little bit I'll give you guys a quick explanation why this game is being ended and the system is being reworked. First off I was a bit of an idiot and gave alot of big management things to people straight from the start of the game, Sinpwn's station for example was a dumb thing for me to do without a few turns of prep or outlined rules, so this one is entirely my fault (as are all of these points :|)

Secondly I want to remove some of the more pointless factors of the game for example PD ammunition and cannon ammunition was something that wasn't really needed and that will be removed in the reworked system. Missiles will of course still have exact numbers, but ammo will be kept to things like special weapons (Railguns like the one the Lunar Will has from Tir and Nirur's battle). This will make things a tad bit faster in the rework.

Thirdly with the way the story was going I was railroading you guys to a story I had set in mind, and I really feel that detracts from the fun of the game's basis (That and the fact that the 'final boss' would have killed all of you in one turn ....) so I'm going to aim for giving you guys more freedom with the rework and reboot :)

Finally the last reason is I want to rework the ships so that all the armor is one value, this way I can remove a large difficulty of the game and more easily implement a system for ship system damage. You'll now be able to disable an attacking frigates engines or get lucky and blow their reactor core :P

Well that is it, all I have left is to thank all of you for playing the game, I know I'm not the best Gm but I am trying to get better so thanks for giving me this chance and hopefully yet another with the reboot. If you guys have any suggestions, questions or criticisms you can PM me or post them here. :)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2012, 11:17:12 pm »

Thirdly with the way the story was going I was railroading you guys to a story I had set in mind, and I really feel that detracts from the fun of the game's basis (That and the fact that the 'final boss' would have killed all of you in one turn ....) so I'm going to aim for giving you guys more freedom with the rework and reboot :)
Railroading my stellar a-...

I didn't even notice anything of a railroad! D:

It was FREE D:

Also, I'd say the only problem was the enormous amount of battle rolls which I guess kept the game up.

And this little exclamation mark explains my sorrow, hover mouse over it if you dare.!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]