Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Idea for how Multigrasp COULD be handled, possibly for the better.  (Read 1020 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

So my idea here would be like this:
There would be a minimum size requirement to wield a weapon, and what defines it as two handed is the wielders strength, I.E:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basically, instead of a size to define something as two handed, the creatures strength does, that way, if you're a dwarf who's jacked, you can swing around big boy toys.

EDIT: Spelling errors up the ass.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 03:49:02 pm by Facekillz058 »
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for how Multigrasp COULD be handled, possibly for the better.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 08:44:21 am »

Actually, tags like "Above Average" are related to the attribute ranges for each creature and aren't affected by the size. What this means that, depending on the ranges, a creature with Strength of 1000 could be considered as Above Average while creature with Strength of 3000 may not be.

It would be better idea to use either the tag found in wiki's Attribute page or use the hard numbers instead. This way the strength requirement would be constant and a weaker creature could not wield the weapon just because the average strength of said creature is lower.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 05:19:42 pm »

Could that also be used for attributes other than strength?
Like a hammer that you need high empathy to wield?
That could allow some interesting modded weapons.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 12:46:29 pm »

Well, maybe you use Above Average, and then the strength requirement of the weapon depends on the race that crafted it. A gnome longsword is a giant's toothpick.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 06:46:20 pm »

Well, maybe you use Above Average, and then the strength requirement of the weapon depends on the race that crafted it. A gnome longsword is a giant's toothpick.
Just as well, size is a completely independent modifier of strength.
You could have a giant who has abysmal strength but significantly stronger than say, a fox-squirrel with super(squirrilian? Foxian?) strength.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 02:31:52 pm »

Just as well, size is a completely independent modifier of strength.
You could have a giant who has abysmal strength but significantly stronger than say, a fox-squirrel with super(squirrilian? Foxian?) strength.

Well, how about this.
The game compares your size to the [TWO_HANDED] size of the weapon, and then determines what level of strength would be reasonable to one hand the thing?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 10:40:42 pm »

The former of that is done already. I would definitely like the latter done too, though.