Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: KINGDOM OF LOATHING, AN ADVENTURER IS YOU!  (Read 3105 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: KINGDOM OF LOATHING, AN ADVENTURER IS YOU!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 02:23:13 pm »

I played about a year and a half ago. What made me quit was the amount of stuff that's just unfeasible for new players. Like the huge multi-part class quest, for one. I got auto-killed a few times, then gave up and looked up a guide, which told me I needed to beat the game several times as several classes before I could hope to attempt it.

That would be the fault of the person making the guide. None of the class quests need any permed skills at all to be beatable.

(Disclaimer: Active since 2008.) Hell, I've done all the class quests in a special super-annoying mode where you don't get to use any of your equipment/skills/items/familiars from your previous runs or receive help from external sources. It's doable (by L13 no less) but it's certainly not easy and requires a good knowledge of the resources available to you.

Having said that: The default chat channels are quite horrid, /newbie being among the worst of the bunch. I'd recommend staying in /games by default, and clan hopping a bit until you find one you're comfortable in.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
Re: KINGDOM OF LOATHING, AN ADVENTURER IS YOU!
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 02:26:41 pm »

PTW
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!
Pages: 1 [2]