Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: non-violent adventurers  (Read 1076 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
non-violent adventurers
« on: September 25, 2012, 08:39:19 pm »

a while back toadey was talking about adding inns/taverns to fort mode. when and if they are ever added to adventure mode, i have some big plans.
  I want to have non violent adventurers, and a use for that music attribute. I WANT TO PLAY IN A TRAVELING BAND! starting with your own instrument according to your appropriate music skill. so if your a novice guitarist, you start with a guitar.
what would be extra awesome is if you could write your own music which DF would read and play the appropriate notes. Im sure the community would prvide renditions of many a famous son as well.
you could even recruit fellow musicians as companions, and write parts for them as well.

just imagine this.
in a distant release far in the futer a fortress stands surrounded. grim faced soldiers line the walls. when goblins swarm over the hills and battle seems immanent, when suddenly, over the roar of the arrmies the sound of a lone dwarven guitarist is heard playing the opening lines of "the final countdown"...
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: non-violent adventurers
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 08:43:46 pm »

Planned.
Maybe not The final Countdown, but the general idea.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 05:08:05 pm »

Yes, sorry. it was late when i posted. as for final countdown, thats where we adopt the time honored tradition of modding the hell out of anything thats in the raws.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 05:16:08 pm »

Hah, yeah probably.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 06:16:11 pm »

I think a Mabinogi-like music writing things would be good for music.
Needs more customisation. And adventure mode is pretty lacking in music at the moment, so personal music would be good.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 09:05:24 pm »

I agree, but wow this got derailed fast.
Sig

Adrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 11:38:25 am »

Adamantine guitar
Helmacon hacks himself in the second finger, left hand and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 05:02:50 pm »

Adamantine guitar
Helmacon hacks himself in the second finger, left hand and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Someone did a study on the adamantine thread.
Any woodwind instruments made of adamantine would reverberate extremely near to light speed, and it would probably kill the player of the instrument. And stringed instruments would be... yeah. Useless really.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑