Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: C.A.O.S  (Read 1445 times)

Kiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
C.A.O.S
« on: December 20, 2015, 03:01:14 am »

Howdy folks, I just recently ran across a little game that i thought you guys might be interested in that goes by the name of:

C.A.O.S (or Combined Arms Operation Series) which is currently being developed by Nemeton Singularity Simulations
It's also in Beta for the time being and has an application to get into which is specified further down in the post.

What it is:
A turn based (Hex tile system) WW2 (from 1936-1945 currently) operational level simulation that takes place on historic and non-historic maps spanning from Tobruk to the Ardennes and many other maps currently in game.
Hypothetical scenarios in addition to the historical scenarios can be played on the historical maps such as The Battle of Gazala, The Second Battle of El Alamein and the Allied invasion of Sicily (Operation Husky) as well as many other scenarios.
Other custom scenarios allow you to set up a battle to the parameters you wish play with.

What it looks like:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How it's played:
After joining or starting a game up and choosing which nation, year and order of battle for that nation
you are given a Pre-turn phase to purchase units and place them on the map edge spawn.
After which you enter the turn phase which allows you to issue your orders to your units and use your air points to scout, bomb or attack units on the board.

Where to get it:
Currently there is an application to actually get into the game that must be filled out after account creation here at their website: http://www.ns2games.com/
Once you have your account made this link: http://www.ns2games.com/node/213139 will bring you to the application section.

http://ns2caos.wikia.com/wiki/CAOS_Wiki  Also a link to the wiki which has additional information on the game play, specific orders and other useful information that is good to have while playing
The Dread Pirate

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: C.A.O.S
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 03:23:48 am »

This looks an awful lot like a boardgame I can't remember the name of. Darned memory.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 04:14:54 am »

There are a ton of board games that look like that.  A ton of computer games that look liek it too.
Shoes...

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 08:44:59 am »

It's a classical wargame look for most of the "serious" wargames set in WW2. The description of gameplay is also the same, which raises the question "what's new in this one?"
._.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 09:36:03 am »

Looks like a typical AGEOD game. Anyway my favourite game from the genre is Advanced Tactics: Gold.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 12:48:05 pm »

I'm always a fan of these sort of complex/'hard' strategic/tactical games.
However, I'm not a big WW2 fan - or more, I've played so many that use that setting - does this have modding potential?
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.