Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possessed  (Read 791 times)

Morgorin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possessed
« on: September 27, 2012, 02:40:22 am »

Well, it's that time again.  Yet another dwarf has been possessed.  My dwarf keeps asking for gems... shining.  I have lots and lots of both cut and rough gems.  Why isn't he using them?
Quote from: Xune
Urist McFred cancels these pants: too sexy.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possessed
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 02:47:36 am »

EDIT ah ignore that i'm wrong cabochons are all fine too
maybe yout gems are sll stone cabochons and cut glass? You need some genuine gems for moods

Morgorin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 03:01:56 am »

Yeah, I have plenty of real gems.  Onyx, Jade, Ruby, Sapphire, etc.  I embarked on a mountain/badlands border.  I have more gems than I know what to do with.
Quote from: Xune
Urist McFred cancels these pants: too sexy.

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 03:03:04 am »

He probably wants glass- see if you can make some real quick!  This is why I buy bags of sand from the first caravans in case I don't have any yet.

MasterShizzle

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly in a fey mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 04:11:57 am »

Yeah, I always buy clear glass and crystal glass from the first caravan just in case. The one time out of 100 that I actually needed it for a mood turned out to be worth it.
Boss is throwing a tantrum!
MasterShizzle cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: interrupted by Boss

Minecraft's fine, your computer just sucks.

Canadark

• Bay Watcher
  • meet me in the mead hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 08:49:18 am »

Is there some other item he is requesting? Perhaps you haven't given him enough of another material such as wood or leather. Dwarfs pick up the materials in order and he will not get gems until he has enough of whatever material comes before it.
You all do know that we everytime we gen a world in DF, a new universe is created somewhere, and everytime we delete a save we kill a whole world?
Aye, we are Armok, god of blood, evil, villager gutting, fortress building, legend making and elf thongs.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 12:40:36 pm »

Is there some other item he is requesting? Perhaps you haven't given him enough of another material such as wood or leather. Dwarfs pick up the materials in order and he will not get gems until he has enough of whatever material comes before it.

That. Is most likely the problem, if you have accessible (i.e. non-tasked, non-forbidden) gems. As far as I know moody dwarves don't care about burrows or stockpile settings so you shouldn't have to check those; somebody correct me if I'm wrong. And a general query to the knowledge of the forum: Are non-forbidden gems (or other items, for that matter) in forbidden bins considered accessible?
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.