Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The most interesting dwarf in the world.  (Read 2058 times)

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The most interesting dwarf in the world.
« on: September 23, 2012, 10:39:35 pm »

So here I am trundling along through spring of my second year of the fort (despite some artifact/chameleon related tragedies) when I find an... unusual migrant. A migrant with no past, nothing but a name, a date, and mad skills. He is competent in two weapons and novice/adequate in other fighting areas; he is an amazing jeweler and skilled socialite... and yet, he has no kills, no friends, no family, not even a single god.

Of course I thought oh duh! He's a vampire or a werecreature but the full moon came and went and he did not transform and then he got thirsty. He is sixty six years old and a former member of the Mahogany Glove. Based on this information, I can only assume he is a hermit with a dark past and nothing to lose, or... jeweler31C is just his alternate identity and he is actually a caped crusader, or a spy. 8)

Has anyone else had a migrant like this? I'm considering making him my sheriff and giving him a full set of clothes made out of batman leather.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The most interesting dwarf in the world.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 10:44:59 pm »

Out of curiosity, can you post a screenshot of his thoughts screen?  I'm sure others would be interested in seeing that.  Myself, I'm just curious what his birthday is.  I'm guessing its 1 Granite something based on what you've described, and he just happens to be a highly skilled non-historical migrant.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 10:56:01 pm »

Out of curiosity, can you post a screenshot of his thoughts screen?  I'm sure others would be interested in seeing that.  Myself, I'm just curious what his birthday is.  I'm guessing its 1 Granite something based on what you've described, and he just happens to be a highly skilled non-historical migrant.

Ah yup 1st of Granite that'd be it. Strange that doesn't even have gods though.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 11:10:14 pm »

Could he be a deity?
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 11:13:19 pm »

Curiosity: is your game set to "cull unimportant historical figures?" I don't know if that would effect him not having any family or not.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 12:58:25 am »

Sounds like a vampire. That could lead to ultimate !!FUN!!
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 01:05:07 am »

Sounds like a vampire. That could lead to ultimate !!FUN!!
He got thirsty, that rules him out.

I;m guessing just a regular migrant.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 05:22:07 am »

With that title, I thought you were discussing Morul!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 05:53:17 am »

With that title, I thought you were discussing Morul!

Excited: you can still turn him into Morul.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 01:15:33 pm »

Has anyone else had a migrant like this? I'm considering making him my sheriff and giving him a full set of clothes made out of batman leather.
Check his legends. This Dwarf has a tale to tell.