Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Disappearing goblin tower  (Read 795 times)

redwardedward

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Disappearing goblin tower
« on: September 24, 2012, 11:23:27 am »

I am playing a quest in adventure mode where I have to kill a certain goblin, whose supposed to be lurking in a tower in the middle of the wilderness. I've tracked down the location of where the tower should be, but I haven't found anything. There's no tower, no goblins, not even a ramp down. Just rocky plain.

I'd ask if I need a higher Observe rating, but I think it's hardly necessary to find a tower right in front of you.

So. Am I missing something really obvious? Or has anyone else encountered this problem?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disappearing goblin tower
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 11:54:26 am »

i think we have all encountered this problem, the problem is that there are no goblin towers,dwarf forts or elf forests.

for now just mod them to have towns.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 12:58:50 pm »

Where did the quest tell you to go?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 02:37:27 pm »

i think we have all encountered this problem, the problem is that there are no goblin towers,dwarf forts or elf forests.
This right here. Until the next version comes out the only type of sites that exist are caves and towns.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

redwardedward

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 03:59:47 pm »

Ah. Thank you. That explains why there was no structure where it directed me. However, I'm confused by the fact that there was no goblins, or other outlaws at the site. There was literally no-one there. I feel like I've been stood up (by people who wanted to kill me...)

Auning

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 09:44:15 pm »

This right here. Until the next version comes out the only type of sites that exist are caves and towns.
As well as tombs and necromancer towers.
[DESCRIPTION:A horse-like creature susceptible to severed nerves when muscles are torn in limb, grasp and starting length are all the same.]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE:BIRD_ROC]