Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I need a quick and easy Cave-in room for my noble  (Read 1301 times)

GuardianTempest

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Daydreamer
    • View Profile
I need a quick and easy Cave-in room for my noble
« on: September 20, 2012, 07:24:53 pm »

Getting that baron was a horrible idea knowing my stronghold is nothing more than a wide workshop/stockpile floor with an emergency bunker underneath it. How do I make a quick and simple cave-in room that is sure to kill him since I don't have enough anything to satisfy his requirements?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: I need a quick and easy Cave-in room for my noble
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 09:06:17 pm »

Put him into a pit for a while. Collect the corpse. If you must do a cave-in, build a bridge and a floor so that only the bridge supports it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GuardianTempest

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Daydreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 12:10:46 am »

The thing is, I'm using my mod civ (wooden dummies). Starving him won't work. Can you elaborate on the second method?

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 12:24:34 am »

thats... creepy. 

can you burrow him in the footprint of a raised bridge and pull the lever?

GuardianTempest

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Daydreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 04:18:53 am »

I'll try that one.

Kibstable

• Bay Watcher
  • We didn't start the fire...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 07:15:47 am »

Give him a pick, set him as the only miner, and have him create his own cave in - preferably over a volcano

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 08:26:12 am »

Send in the clowns?
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

decev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 12:21:26 pm »

Can you draft lazy nobles? Send in a hilariously inept baron in his own squad to fight a titan or whatever.

pixl97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 04:15:33 pm »

You can give him a 1 tile bedroom that has an open ceiling tile you can flood once he is in there (and you've locked the door). There there is the old fashion lever attached to a hatch that can only be operated from the tile the hatch is on. If you set him as the only user in the workshop profile he should pull it, in theory... Nobles can be lazy creatures. Bedrooms are a sure way since even a noble uses his bedroom.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 05:20:14 pm »

Remember that cave-ins destroy floors below them if there isn't at least one level of solid ground (either constructed walls, undug stone, that kind of thing).

Easiest way to do a cave-in suicide booth is to have a support holding up a few floor tiles, a lever beneath the floor tiles, link lever to support, restrict lever to noble, pull lever. Have a slab ready.

I prefer atom-smashing them personally, but if you want a cave-in, go for it.

You've seen the wiki, right? Lots of blueprints for unfortunate accidents there.

GuardianTempest

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Daydreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 09:23:13 pm »

I just realized I deleted the save out of frustration. But thanks alot for the advice, I'll make sure to ready several booths for the occasion. Also, I didn't know you can burrow them.