Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finally a lucky adventurer!!!  (Read 1839 times)

Xecuter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Finally a lucky adventurer!!!
« on: September 20, 2012, 01:16:39 am »

I am pleased to announce i finally got a lucky streak with my adventurer!

I started playing in adventure mode couple days ago and it was painful!
I had lots of !!Fun!! with boogiemen, dingos, bandits, moving in empty space, taking the quick way down a flight of stairs, wrestling a (tame) cat and drowning in puddles.

BUT! Earlier today, Ontha was born, then meticulously trained at throwing and knapping rocks and finally sent to the local fortress to gather cannon fodder companions!

After the lord spat in my face for lack of fame, i talked to a farmer who informed me of a vile creature sukcing the blood of innocents. Great! finally a vampire quest!
I proceeded to find said vampire and swiftly killed him by repeatedly stabbing him in the head with a spear. After a quick check on myself and my shields good friends, i was amazed at the lack of injuries (except for 3 missing toes on my part...). I decided to drink the blood of my fallen enemy to try becoming a vampire myself. Little did i know that it only took one sip... As i was trying to take a second serving of his blood, i actually ended up sucking the blood of my unconscious companion... woops! I was ready to dispatch my other followers but it didn't seem to bother them at all.... strange.

After spreading the news of my epic fight, i noticed a tower on the map not too far away! Alright! time to become a necro! I went to a nearby river to cross it, and make my followers drown... Success! Except i didn't look at the time... Halfway to the tower, i got ambushed by boogiemen! I tried to fight one for some time but, as always, he dodged my attacks and promptly punched every single square inch of my body. So i ran... I set trees on fire to try and slow them down, but they would always catch up and land 1 hit or 2. After 20 minutes of intense Fun, i finally got to a village with 90% of my body red. I slept for 2 days to recover from my injuries.

I finally set off again towards the tower! I got there pretty rapidly and proceeded inside, where i was greeted by 3 necromancers and 30 useless goblin corpses that couldn't care less. I quickly dispatched the 3 necros in the same fashion (grab throat, choke, necro passes out, slit throat, leave for dead). Same story happened on the second floor. Then i got to the top floor to claim my prize: an incredibly heavy piece of sterling silver! My speed went down from 1600 to 135.... Can't take this bad boy home.... Atleast now i can raise an army and go kill some more :)

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
Re: Finally a lucky adventurer!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 03:08:05 am »

Now, use your slab to teach others the secrets of life and death by bashing them in the face, and raising them as your eternal servants.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 12:35:26 am »

Now, use your slab to teach others the secrets of life and death by bashing them in the face, and raising them as your eternal servants.
I must sig this. May I?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Exlo

• Bay Watcher
  • Retirement homes are for lobsters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 09:01:01 pm »

*Starts slow clap.*

I never get this lucky. EVER. :P
Clearly, this represents six side-by-side wheelbarrows, as indicated by the right half of the icon.  The left half indicates they are carrying babies with hats in these wheelbarrows.

Presumably, they are lining up to dump them into the baby furnaces.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 06:25:36 am »

Awkward moment when your first ever adventurer since towns were revamped has destroyed every human civ.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 06:25:38 pm »

I had a very similar experience to yours, except before I even got to the fortress my adventurer had a broken spine. Also the bogeyman attack after vampirification killed me.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 09:15:43 pm »

I do so love getting lucky. My most recent method toward success is make a dirt-throwing macro that goes for about an hour to become a legendary thrower able to kill people with dead ravens and such, but one time I'd gone greater: a dwarven axeman who travelled the land slaying 3 Rocs, 3 titans, a Bronze collossus, an Ettin and countless trolls/bandits/kobolds. The best part? He hadn't been injured once until a human warlord/axeman leading an ambush struck his left arm, damaging the motor nerves. This though, was at a stage where he had already killed all of those listed except for one titan and an ettin, so I decided he had travelled for long enough and set off back to his home.

The only modifications I've made to the RAWs for this game is making dwarves, goblins and elves live in towns and hamlets for a more populated world.

Rallan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 06:13:43 am »

One thing to keep in mind now you're a necromancer is that the animated dead make absolutely rubbish fighters. If you get ambushed at night you probably won't know about it until the bandits have kicked a lot of ass and taken a lot of names, and your ability to reraise your troops will be hella limited by your short line of sight. Pretty much every character of mine that's lucky enough to become a necromancer ends up going out like this.