Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Mod] Sengoku No Shiru - Pre.v0  (Read 1309 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
[Mod] Sengoku No Shiru - Pre.v0
« on: September 11, 2012, 09:37:49 am »

Sengoku No Shiru

Sengoku no Shiru is going to be a Sengoku Jidai themed mod that I am making for dwarf fortress. I decided to make this mod due to my obsession of the era and samurai in general, as well as the idea that making something like this is easier than my Sov-G mod that I am planning out, and will soften the blow of getting into modding. The only other mod that I've seen similar to this idea would be Weeaboo Fortress, and that was way back in 2008. This isn't some anime or otaku thing, I am trying to make a real sengoku flavored mod.

The mod contains a multitude of real samurai era weapons and armor, those of which are shown below. The 4 big races have been replaced by a single japanese race, which will be used for four entities, for the four elements, just for flavor. Eventually monsters might be edited a bit to make them a bit more oriental, but I'm not sure how much I'm actually going to delve into this mod outside of FUCKING SAMURAI FIGHTING ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Spoiler: Weapons/Armor/Clothing (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:30:42 pm by Vherid »

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: [Mod] Sengoku No Shiru - Pre.v0
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 04:12:29 pm »

lol I read the tile and was afraid this was going to be some sort of otaku nonsense with only lightsabers katanas.

But this sounds really promising. I like the inclusion of diverse weapons including primitive firearms. I shall watch with interest. :)
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 08:34:30 pm »

Updated the armor/weapon list.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 08:45:30 pm »

Looks promising.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 10:54:27 am »

Bit more info added, I'm still working on this a little slow but, its coming out now, using raw explorer is actually quite nice.