Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reported crime, not showing up in the justice menu  (Read 1130 times)

snpaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reported crime, not showing up in the justice menu
« on: September 17, 2012, 01:04:35 am »

I currently have one tantruming dorf in my fortress who's a little pissed off right now, so far he's assaulted the mayor and now he's trying to start another fist fight with some other dwarf. The mayor reported the crime, and a dwarven child has reported the crime as well but it won't show up in my justice tab.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reported crime, not showing up in the justice menu
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 10:58:38 am »

I've seen this as well.  I assumed it had already been reported but I can't seem to find a bug report for it....
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 02:39:27 pm »

I think it only shows up on the Justice screen if they actually kill the other dwarf.  Assaults don't count?

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 03:10:07 pm »

Currently the only things that are actually considered to be criminal activities would be the Murder of another Dwarf (usually in a fist-fight that went too far) or the heinous crime of violating a Noble's Mandate.

Assault and Battery?  Psshhh.  Walk it off!
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

snpaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 03:36:10 pm »

Currently the only things that are actually considered to be criminal activities would be the Murder of another Dwarf (usually in a fist-fight that went too far) or the heinous crime of violating a Noble's Mandate.

Wait , then why did they bother reporting the crime?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 07:30:54 pm »

Wait , then why did they bother reporting the crime?
I assume so the captain of the guard could laugh at you.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 07:38:36 pm »

That's funny - there are still "crime type" codes for Disorderly Conduct, Building Destruction, and Vandalism; if they aren't showing up in the Justice screen, then that's a probably bug...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 01:28:02 am »

That's funny - there are still "crime type" codes for Disorderly Conduct, Building Destruction, and Vandalism; if they aren't showing up in the Justice screen, then that's a probably bug...
Toady has confimed in the FotF thread that decriminalizing those activities was not intended.