Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Entity placement halps  (Read 3641 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Entity placement halps
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 12:12:34 pm »

Not at all. I got angry and went back to the drawing board. Here is icecreature2.0. Same problem, though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 12:35:23 pm »

What is it with you and putting an extra ':' at the end of your tokens? :P I count like 15-17 of them in that creature.

Is your error log.txt showing anything?
Are your creature and entity things in their own text files or did you just stick them in some of the vanilla ones?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 12:48:20 pm »

I just have a seperate DF folder and full up the creature_standard and whatnot with my modded stuffs.

Lol I always assumed it was necessary. It doesn't affect anything, all my dwarf raws and everything have em. The only thing for my icecreatures in my errorlog was that I messed up some hair colors tokens.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 01:04:31 pm »

It doesn't actually affect anything other then the readability of your raws. You only actually need the ':' if there is more arguments (i.e. [BUILDINGDESTROYER:X], not [EVIL:]).

Also I plugged your entity and creature into the game and ran some world generation tests. The rejection log then showed me that the game won't place a farming creature without crops available to them. As such you either need to enable below ground farming, turn farming off completely for them, or give them at least 1 aboveground crop that grows on tundra/glacier. Elsewise you will keep getting infinite world rejections until you get a world that doesn't have any icecreature civilizations.

Also you have a few typos in your entity that should show up in the errorlog as well. None of these have any effect other then flavor, but if they don't show up then it would make me suspect that your entity isn't in entity_default.txt or it's file is missing the "entity_filename" or [OBJECT:ENTITY] at the top of the file.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 04:07:27 pm »

Well, I've gotten them working by just copypasting my dark elf entity (which works) and switching the creatures out for the ice creatures, and that works. The creatures seem (read:are) a little OP, as they've wiped out every goblin south of the equator by year 80 . But they work! now to make them live in tundras.
Pages: 1 [2]