Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: war-training?!  (Read 449 times)

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
war-training?!
« on: September 17, 2012, 11:59:15 pm »

Poking around in some of the raws, Im guessing the [Trainable] tag allows a creature to be war-trained? If I wanted to make, say, chickens able to be trained as war-chickens, can I  just add that tag to them to allow this, or is there anything else I would need to do? lastly, does training a creature for war improve its abilities in any way?
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: war-training?!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 12:12:56 am »

yeah it makes them war and hunting trainable.  [Trainable_WAR] will only allow them to be trained for war while [TRAINABLE_HUNTING]  will allow hunting training,

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 12:36:20 am »

OOh, good to know the distinctions.

*makes war-chickens*
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 12:39:09 am »

somehow I totally missed Morgorins post about Military Beasts. DOH. *concedes war-chickens to Morgorin, and works on war-turkeys instead*

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 01:39:57 am »

What would happen if i attach that tag to dwarves? Will I be able to have awesome War Dwarfs then?

Morgorin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 01:46:30 am »

No to the dwarves, they would have to be pets, not entities.  You could add the [PET] tag, to them, though.  I don't think you could play as a dwarf, though, until you change this.  Though I could be wrong.

You can go ahead and keep the war chickens, by the way.  I'm building a completely new creature, using the chicken as a template.  I'm coming up with some kind of convoluted back story involving a long dead wizard.  If you want something more awesome than chickens, check out my mad cows thread.
Quote from: Xune
Urist McFred cancels these pants: too sexy.