Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What happened to bolts and arrows?  (Read 848 times)

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What happened to bolts and arrows?
« on: October 14, 2012, 11:08:14 am »

Last time I played Adventurer Mode, there used to be shops that sold arrows and bolts which you could purchase. Some shops were even abandoned, and you could just help yourself :)

I can't find any of that anymore... Have the shops been nerfed? Coupled with the long reload times for crossbows, that's a pretty serious disadvantage.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to bolts and arrows?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 11:23:59 am »

You can usually pick up quite some bolts from enemy archers.

But i can see that they have been nerfed a bit, they do crazy damage.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 01:06:48 am »

I actually found what I was looking for... well, not exactly, but ten times better :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 03:09:14 pm »

Oh yes, that's the warehouse. All the stuff that doesn't fit into the shops anymore will be put there in one convenient location with no guards whatsoever. I usually find warehouses filled with fish and leather clothing, you were pretty lucky.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 03:54:14 pm »

I found an abandoned town that had lots of bins and barrels  arranged on courtyards, they were empty.