Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Giant Sparrow Feathers  (Read 1147 times)

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
Giant Sparrow Feathers
« on: September 15, 2012, 12:18:28 am »

So, I've killed a couple of Giant Sparrows, and I have some feathers. There's nothing in the wiki about them. What can I do with them?

I'd normally ask this in the Little Questions Thread, but I can't seem to find it.   :-\
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Asagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Sparrow Feathers
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 12:20:42 am »

No sadly its only purpose is to take up space in the refuse pile, same with cartilage and nervous tissue.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 06:39:00 pm »

Where's the option to disable it? Is it unter Item Types > Remains, or Body Parts?
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 06:51:20 pm »

I don't think feathers show up anywhere. Disabling giant sparrow body parts might work, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 08:21:20 pm »

This is the Gameplay Questions thread that you were looking for, but either way, we will answer it for you. :)

As the previous poster said, there is no use for feathers right now. Along with nervous tissue and cartilage, it kind of just gets caught up in your refuse piles.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 12:22:19 am »

Thanks! I lost track of the thread after clicking "mark all messages as read". I'll bookmark that thread so I don't have to search for it anymore.