Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Sea of Stars: A Sci-Fi roleplay ((OOC/Sign-ups/Worldbuilding Thread))  (Read 883 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I've had this idea floating around for a little while now, so, I thought I'd give it a whirl. The basic premise of this is giving the group a ship and letting you explore the galaxy as you see fit.

The worldbuilding, for the most part, is to let you create your own species and such (And save me some of the work in the process. And I like seeing everyone else's work.)

Setting-wise, the sci-fi is relatively soft. Psionics do exist, on varying levels of power. Space combat is a little bit more realistic than most settings. Carriers, for example, aren't as useful due to the distances involved and the ranges of most ship-borne weaponry. Manned fighter craft are also right out for space combat, though piloted atmospheric fighter craft are still used. I have my own civilisation ready to go, as well as what situation humanity is in, but I'll put that in the post below.

Anyway, I need one player to be the ship's owner/captain. You get free reign on the ship within reasonable limits (AKA no MilSpec stuff, nor anything too overpowered.) Same goes for the characters as well. You aren't high-profile celebrities or high ranking members of military and/or politicians, nor do you know anyone like that outside the news.

Anyway, a basic character sheet is below. Anyone submitting a race, planet or empire is welcome to do so in a format that they think is good, as long as it's readable.

I require atleast a paragraph of background before I'll accept a player. If you have some plot details that you wish to discuss with me, either in character creation or while the game is running with your character in it, feel free to PM me.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 11:14:11 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reserving this post for worldbuilding...

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to be the ship's owner/captain.
So I can make the ship anything I want within reason?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to point out that it's not first come, first serve. I'll be selecting the captain myself if there's more than one suitable applicant.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I'd like to apply for that position then :).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

"Anyone submitting a race, planet or..."
What do you mean by that?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That was me forgetting to type something there :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I mean what do you mean?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, if you want to make a race for use in the RP, just post it in the thread (Or PM me) and let me look it over. If it's good, It's in.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, where I am it's late, but I'll sleep on it.
Sig

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: The Sea of Stars: A Sci-Fi roleplay ((OOC/Sign-ups/Worldbuilding Thread))
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 11:37:34 pm »

Spoiler: Not Done (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 11:39:35 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: The Sea of Stars: A Sci-Fi roleplay ((OOC/Sign-ups/Worldbuilding Thread))
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 12:12:34 am »

I wouldn't mind taking up the reigns.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!