Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: About to breach the circus for the second time.  (Read 1399 times)

linkster1998804

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
About to breach the circus for the second time.
« on: September 14, 2012, 10:21:03 pm »

Former forum lurker here. I first breached the circus without knowing what it was. !!FUN!! ensued, obviously. Studying of what in the name of Armok ensued, Now i plan on digging in again: One, because i just lost some of my best soldiers to a beast made of vomit that caused instant suffocation. Second, its kinda boring, only a regular savage area. It has a maze that i should force the clowns through, before they introduce themselves to dwarves after my military. It would also have some fun for adventure mode, as in some random room i have decent stuff stored in the maze. Going to breach in a few minutes, just gotta help my parents with todays groceries.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: About to breach the circus for the second time.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 10:23:24 pm »

Good luck.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

linkster1998804

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 10:42:47 pm »

Miner is headed for the cotton candy now, dwarves are set in positions. And I really need to get some water right now. Good thing that maze is so damn long.

Eldestish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 10:43:55 pm »

You ought to try making one of these to deal with the !!FUN!! if the maze fails. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=94140.0

linkster1998804

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 11:29:06 pm »

So far its taken a while, with one dwarf walking through the maze at a time, at about 5 minutes each to dig a piece of candy then turning back to let the next one in, which gives a slight idea about how large this maze is. screenshots of the maze shall be posted once I figure out how to use image tags.

Please excuse my terrible writing skills.

Life had gone from decent to terrible at the fortress of Ngotunmedtob, CultBlockade for you humans and elves, who never even went to trade. The second cavern, below the first, was breached, with a squad of well trained dwarves ready to explore. The first forgotten beast killed two. The second killed five, two soldiers and three children, who wanted to follow their mother, who lived and ate the meat of that beast. The third however, took the fortress by surprise, killing no less then 40 dwarves, by paralyzing their lungs. The worst part was that this beast was made of VOMIT, humiliating many. Dwarves all fell into depressions, some going insane and killing others, the most memorable being the dukes best friend, who turned on him and shoved his *cotton candy battleaxe* through his friends cloak, and cutting him in half. That just made things worse, as that meant the overseer would forget about sword production, which he didn't mind. The king had arrived at this fortress, before being attacked by an ettin that could open a wormhole in the universe to get to the king. Some on scene military dwarves said "Nope, definitely wasn't caged and hooked up to a lever". Regardless, wormholes were already common, like when a marksdwarf shot an arrow into one earlier, and pulled off a perfect headshot on a forgotten beast who was in the caverns, while the dwarf was on the surface. The civilians barely seemed to note this, so the overseer marked it off as "New dwarven invention". The stock of Wonderous Blue Metal was running low, and the overseer demanded more be mined, and the miners happily obliged, taking the maze as the veins quickest route was walled off. As the miners worked through the maze, the recent devestation seemed to wear off, and life was returning to normal. The first miner, a dwarf named Cerol mined one piece of the Super Happy Funtime metal, and instantly felt fear, turned and ran. The next dwarf, a Lokum Legonkel, started wandering through the maze to get to the vein, which she did. Less fearful than her failure of a friend, she mined more, before being overcome a bit herself, and leaving. Another dwarf, Reg Eribdoren, took his sweet time wandering through the maze, ready to mine his piece before runni- oh yeah, an ettin arrived around this time, before flinging himself to hug a cute little kitten on a cage trap. Also Reg was still working through the maze, passing many military, friends, and children. He then mined the last piece of adamantine, and was overcome by something, probably flames.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 11:45:41 pm »

I first breached the circus without knowing what it was.

This makes all the spoiler tags and silly names so worth it. I wish I could've enjoyed the thrill of piercing a candy cane without knowing of the gummy bear-infested licorice gobstopper beneath, but alas I spent too much time wikiing.

linkster1998804

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 12:29:37 am »

Breached it! Horrifying screams and the wall isnt finished. Lets hope the remainder of my military can fight them long enough.

EDIT: Damn, my fps went UP upon letting them free, and my military is killing a few
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:32:08 am by linkster1998804 »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 04:36:39 am »

Breached it! Horrifying screams and the wall isnt finished. Lets hope the remainder of my military can fight them long enough.

EDIT: Damn, my fps went UP upon letting them free, and my military is killing a few

Breaching hell is pretty sure a sure fire way to FPS death due to the pathing of the demons.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 06:59:32 am »

Breaching hell is pretty sure a sure fire way to FPS death due to the pathing of the demons.

Up is not down. That-s why he's amazed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

linkster1998804

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 12:08:56 pm »

And we got pathetically slaughtered. Oh well, source of entertainment in adventure mode at least.