Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random Discovery: Animalman Camp Materials  (Read 491 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Random Discovery: Animalman Camp Materials
« on: September 15, 2012, 07:40:20 am »

Just something I noticed right now in a testfort:

I have 2 camps on the map, with hostile batmen. One in cavern lvl2, one in cavern lvl3.

The batmen in the second cavern have crystal thron blowguns and darts.
The batmen in the third cavern have netherwood shields and shadethorn spears.

These are custom wood types I use in my caverns. This means: The subterranean animal camps use the materials aviable to them if they dont have anything declared in their entity file. And this means the different camps in different depths are actually different civs. 

Unfortunately the only way this info is useful would be to give them better materials the deeper you go, to make them harder the further you dig. Besides that I cant think of anything right now. But I wanted to share this. Maybe someone else can use the info for something :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Random Discovery: Animalman Camp Materials
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 09:34:58 am »

Well... yeah.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Random Discovery: Animalman Camp Materials
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 09:42:05 am »

Like I said, not very useful. I was just surprised that they had so clearly defined materials, because I previously had cavern entities that took random mats. Would be interesting to see what happens if they take any poisonous wood for the weapons...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::